PDA

View Full Version : Three AO members take Second in three man this weekend in SC

cphilip
08-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Thats Right! ccaleb (my son) FatMan and Ezrunner all from AO here went out to Extreme Outdoors in Salem South Carolina and took second place overall! Playing under the team name Apocolipse Now. Calebs boss from Gold Draggon Paintball was there.

ccaleb shooting a RT Pro
FatMan shooting a Retro Mag
Ez shooting some other inferior product... ;)

Mike Speth was alternate although not used he was the runner and filled air and such so he was invaluable to the team giving them rest in between games. He also filmed a lot of it.

Both Mags were with lvl 10. No problems reported and they worked very well as you can see...

FatMan should get some pictures up here soon I think. There were plenty and a film to I think.

congrats to you guys.

Tunaman
08-19-2002, 06:06 PM
I wished them Luck! It worked! WOOT! Good Job Guys!:D :D :D

shartley
08-19-2002, 06:07 PM
WooHoo Good job guys! :D

Clare
08-19-2002, 08:02 PM
Congratulations!! :D Instead of "woot" I'd like to say "meow"..so meow!

dio91
08-19-2002, 08:58 PM
Awesome job fellas! lol Capo

dio

ccaleb
08-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Well, I think the highlight of all of our days was not the second place trophy but at the end of the day, the head ref came up too us and told us that if there was a sportsmanship award given away, we would've won it. That's what paintball is all about in my humble opinion.

:) On a lighter note, the last game of the day was raining HARD and the water was standing on the field so it got VERY, VERY muddy and VERY, VERY slippery. As a matter of fact, at the ten second warning, Walt said, and I qoute this, "No body slip." Well, what's the first thing I do? I face plant in the mud! Knocked all the wind out of me but I was up within a second and made it to the nearest bunker (which just so happened to be the center with Fatman). I'm very proud of that move indeed.

A great day and we played well and only missed coming out on top by ten points. We had fun though. I would like to think Walt and Rob for playing with me, that meant a lot. Also, and very importantly, I would like to think our rendition of Capo's mentioned "Pod Squad". Thanks Mike and Jac for getting our air filled and stuff as soon as we walked off the field. Being able to sit down and rest betwene games was invaluable. Thanks you two. Also a thanks to Mike for filming the games (great quality) and another thanks to Jac for taking pictures.

Oh... And we couldn't have done it without Tunaman's support. Thanks Tuna. :D

Thanks for the congrats as well you all!

Caleb

ezrunner
08-20-2002, 08:42 AM
LET ALL YE KNOW THAT THE BUSHMASTER RULEZ U ALL!

Just kidding. I was shooting
a bushy and it is a nice gun.

Caleb and Walt were railing
with the mags and people were
looking at their cockers
wondering what the difference
was :-)

I shoot a cocker and a mag
and a bushy. I kinda float
back and forth. The game
comes from behind the gun.

-rob

agdjon
08-20-2002, 08:43 AM
Hahahaha, we need someone that likes to fall flat on their face in the Wang crew. You will need an interview though

Congrats bro. :)

You have made me proud my son

ezrunner
08-20-2002, 08:50 AM
WHO WANT-TA SOME WANG?

Nice agdjon...just bring back
those memories of my wasted
youth....w00t

Caleb played very well, and
it was good to get on the
field w/ Walt (Fatman) and
Caleb when it was more than
just rec ball.

These guys are a pleasure to
hit the field with. Playing
this game is much easier with
friends backing you up and
for you to work with to peel
the other team like an orange.

There was none of the usual,
"Well I got 4 illiminations"
stuff, we all played and we
played as a team.

If one of us pushed a player
into the other's paint, then
that is a group effort.

Thanks for inviting me to
play caleb, and a big thanks
to Fatman for playing too.

-rob

FatMan
08-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Hey, here are the pics from the tourney. Rather than post them each on here I'm putting a link to my web site where you can see thumbnails and larger versions in one of three sizes (depending on your monitor size and ISP speed).

http://parlweb.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/photos/3man/

FatMan

cphilip
08-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Gonna just bring one up for the lazy ones Walt...

http://parlweb.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/photos/3man/images/2ndplace.jpg

Left is Caleb, Middle is Walt (kneeling) and the one on the right is Rob Long

dio91
08-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Left is Caleb, Middle is Walt (kneeling) and the one on the right is Rob Long

Ohhhhh I thought Walt was standing! My bad.....lol no jk, saw the pics, looks like it was fun (and wet)
dio

cphilip
08-20-2002, 12:39 PM
LOL! no but I hear they had to help him neel and stand up his old knees was so bad. But that is actualy what "I" look like standing! :)