PDA

View Full Version : Apoc 2k vs. Armageddon

DiRTyBuNNy
08-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Just wanted to know what the people who own these tanks think about them...I may getting either one of them and I can't find out enough about them to make a real decision.

Duke Henry
08-19-2002, 06:49 PM
I voted Apoc because that is the one that I chose between the two. Why? Mostly because I preferred the gauge setup...

Mr. T!
08-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Well, if i had my choice, i would not get either. The Apoc is really outdated and freakin heavy, even the 2k, and the apoc is bulky, large, heavy and lacks in the flow/out put consistency. I would invest in a geddon between the two just because it is newer technology.

cledford
08-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Armageddon = HEAVY
Apoc = HEAVIER :)

I own 2 Armageddon’s which should give you an idea about what I think of them. Basically - I love them. My store gives free fills if you buy an air system from them, and it is a lot easier to unscrew the tank and just drag that to the store then the whole gun. Also, when getting fills at the field I've never been comfortable with the way that the guys who do the fills throw guns around. Let's be for real, you just paid $1000+ for just a gun and they're tossing it on a bench with a bunch of rentals to be scratched up.

Anyhow, these days the Geddon is showing it's age - there are now lighter systems that can be mounted using a special *quick release* adapter that can have your tank (and warp if using one) off the gun in as little as 5 seconds. I'd say it takes about 10 to unscrew the Geddon. (And doesn’t get the warp off…)

One cool thing with the Geddon is that if you own more then one, you can get different bottle sizes and switch between one and another. I do something a little different now (I've got 2 68s) - at my field it is a long walk to the fill station from the back (which is usually where you're at when you're about to run out of air...). I carry paint and the extra Geddon tank in a backpack and can switch them out without having to walk all of the way back for air.

If doing it all over - I'd get the lighter system and QD. (I think the Flatline is pretty light, but not sure how it compares to the Geddon)

-Calvin

pbguy888
08-19-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by cledford
Armageddon = HEAVY
Apoc = HEAVIER :)

I own 2 Armageddon’s which should give you an idea about what I think of them. Basically - I love them. My store gives free fills if you buy an air system from them, and it is a lot easier to unscrew the tank and just drag that to the store then the whole gun. Also, when getting fills at the field I've never been comfortable with the way that the guys who do the fills throw guns around. Let's be for real, you just paid $1000+ for just a gun and they're tossing it on a bench with a bunch of rentals to be scratched up.

Anyhow, these days the Geddon is showing it's age - there are now lighter systems that can be mounted using a special *quick release* adapter that can have your tank (and warp if using one) off the gun in as little as 5 seconds. I'd say it takes about 10 to unscrew the Geddon. (And doesn’t get the warp off…)

One cool thing with the Geddon is that if you own more then one, you can get different bottle sizes and switch between one and another. I do something a little different now (I've got 2 68s) - at my field it is a long walk to the fill station from the back (which is usually where you're at when you're about to run out of air...). I carry paint and the extra Geddon tank in a backpack and can switch them out without having to walk all of the way back for air.

If doing it all over - I'd get the lighter system and QD. (I think the Flatline is pretty light, but not sure how it compares to the Geddon)

-Calvin

OK im pretty new to high end tanks.... and I need one sence I finally got enough money for my emag!!!( ok im a little off but im gettin there) The geddon sounds very cool! How much would I be lookin to spend on one? And allso if you could tell me a little more about it. like manufacters site And could you tell me about some of those new and lighter tanks , and how much they cost. Thank you so much!!!!

Duke Henry
08-19-2002, 07:57 PM
Manufacturer's Site (http://www.AirAmerica.com)

BajaBoy
08-19-2002, 08:23 PM
wow i thought the apoc is better..

DiRTyBuNNy
08-19-2002, 09:13 PM
has anyone tried the new Apoc 2k (which is made of Aluminum and not steel like the original Apoc)..I would think that the Alu would make it lighter than the armageddon..

and if you're wondering why i'm asking this question...go to the AA site...

Duke Henry
08-19-2002, 09:37 PM
I have an Apoc that is carbon fiber. The 88/4500. Really light, is well balanced, and fits nice even without a DF on my RT Pro. Seriously, I love the stubby little tank!

DiRTyBuNNy
08-20-2002, 12:40 AM
I'll blow the lid on this one because i'm too damn nice..AA right now i guess is a little bored...so if you go to there website you can get an AA reg (Raptor/Arm/Apoc 2k) installed on your bottle...