PDA

View Full Version : smart box???

rehme
08-19-2002, 09:52 PM
i was talking to this one person on the net and he said he had a smart box or something that goes on the side of the mag it is suppose to lower the operating presure make it so you wont get chops and be more accurate i asked him if he had drop of because the valve would not recharge has fast because of the lower persure going into the gun but he said he did not get any but does any body know anything about this i look on the net but nothing came up so can any body tell what it is

-mark rehme

subbeh
08-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I don't think it exists... if you lowered the operating pressure the ball wouldn't fire as fast, it's that simple... right?

BlackVCG
08-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Smart Parts made it and it was called the Magic Box.

They drilled and tapped the side of your valve at the air chamber and connected a pipe inbetween the inlet and the new hole. They also cut a groove in the mainbody so the side of the air chamber they drilled a hole into was exposed.

They put a black box over the pipe for cosmetics.

It lowered the pressure by about 50psi, decreased efficiency and cost $120.

Kaiser Bob
08-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Black was being kind by not mentioning that the Magic Box more or less = poo and is a waste of money considering it does no good, and some harm.

tremis
08-20-2002, 08:34 AM
I had one on my old mag. You forgot to mention, that it had that neato factor :rolleyes: and it did change the sound of my gun to more pffft and less pop.

Actually, this was the thing that got me to trust SP less. I played at the same field as the AAs back in the late 80s and early 90s and was quite taken by their barrels ( still use em to this day) Heck I remember when they didn't even make barrels, you gave them your phantom and then they ported it. (remember, phantoms didn't have removable barrels in those days) and that was the only gun they were doing it to. I thought these guys were genius, my gun was soo quite.
.When the magic box came out, I got one and was sorely disappointed, then at the 99 AGD/WGP tech course I found out that their barrel claims were full of crap. Now days I highly doubt their marketing claims and try their stuff out and make my own decision before I buy it. Thats why I never bought a shocker, they said it was the greatest and I thought otherwise. In the old days I would have bought one in a heartbeat.
For the most part I treat all companies this way now.

Tremis