PDA

View Full Version : How can hybrid be tourny legal?

Moats
08-20-2002, 01:22 AM
I read in a thread below that it is legal. Isn't that like shooting two balls on 1 trigger pull. I play tournies and have an emag, but have never used it in hybrid. Little help..

headcase
08-20-2002, 05:37 AM
It is nothing like shooting twice on one pull.

In order to fire the trigger must be moved backwards to trip the HES. They the RT effect hits forcing the trigger back forward with the trigger rod. The trigger now forward must be moved back again before the marker fires again.

By all definintions it is one pull, one ball. The return stroke is just much faster than a spring or magnet can go.

athomas
09-04-2002, 09:22 PM
You can get two activations in one pull, but you need just the right rate of trigger pull to do it.

In hybrid mode, you get an activation and fire during the electronic part of the pull, and if you continue to pull, you make contact with the trigger rod and get a mechanical activation so it fires again.

Pand0ra
09-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by athomas
You can get two activations in one pull, but you need just the right rate of trigger pull to do it.

In hybrid mode, you get an activation and fire during the electronic part of the pull, and if you continue to pull, you make contact with the trigger rod and get a mechanical activation so it fires again.

This is purely theorytical (sp?). It's almost impossible to do, as the rod pushes the trigger back when the sensor is triggered.
You would have to move the trigger over the whole travel, in less than a few ms to succeed.

What could be interesting to know is if someone as already had problems with judges during a big competition (with the hybrid mode).
I wonder were's the limit between a hybrid mode, and a reactive mode (because you could argue your finger moves due to a reflex).

@++