PDA

View Full Version : Will a minimag body fit my RT Pro's internals?

Shamu
08-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Will a minimag body fit my RT Pro's internals? I'd like to know because there is a nice grey minimag body at my local pball store that I'd like to purchase if it will work. Also, I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but I do have the level 10 kit installed... just thought I'd type that in just in case it makes any difference (I don't really think it does). Your responses are greatly appreciated.

PyRo
08-20-2002, 09:01 PM
A minimag body won't fit on an rt pro. The rt pro mainbody has a round nut, where the minimag has a square one. In order to use the minimag body, you need a new rail as well. Other than the rail issue everything will work.

Shamu
08-20-2002, 09:43 PM
so, if i get a new automag/minimag rail from AGD for $40, i can put the minimag body on my rt pro? that is what i would like to do. And also, would that adapt to my stock grip? once again, thanks.

up

BajaBoy
08-20-2002, 11:08 PM
yea u can but i dont see why lol, your gun not mine sorry for the comment:p anyway, u can fit the minimag body on the rtp rail, need to do a lil work to it though

Cristobal
08-20-2002, 11:25 PM
If you do a search on this topic you should uncover some good info. That said I'll try and summarize: the minimag body can be made to fit an rt-pro rail by rounding off the corners on the nut. Donggie has a mini-emagnum that this has been done to and Tunaman has done this as well.

The RT-Pro's valve is essentially the same as a ReTro valve and will fit fine. If you had an orriginal RT, its valve would not fit anything but an RT body.

EDIT: MODS -- Please re-sticky the "mainbody differences" thread, that would be most helpful!

Shamu
08-21-2002, 06:22 AM
thanks for your help guys. i think i'll hang out here more often... PBC isn't this good... :)

-i just have always liked the black teflon minimag bodies the best out of all the mag bodies... (not including the milled e-mag bodies...)

PyRo
08-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Just a warning. The welds/solders whatever they are that hold that square nut on are around the outside. If you round it off, you are breaking what is holding the body on. The RT pro bodies fit on minimag rails, because the circle fits in the square but not the other way around. Spend $10 on a rail if you want a mini body, and avoid destroying a $140 body.

Shamu
08-21-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm getting my favorite body. :)... a black teflon minimag body (hopper right p/f). I am also getting the minimag rail with it.... all for $100... I'm gonna see if I can get the vert adapter with it too for that price... we'll see.

PyRo
08-22-2002, 01:45 PM
Good deal :)