PDA

View Full Version : Freak Questions

hockeyspt87
08-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Hello, I have some questions about the smart parts freak and the AA. I recently bought an S.P. All American barrel, I then realized that is is the same as the freak just without the inserts, or is it? That is part of my question, can my AA be used as a freak, jsut buy the inserts? My next question pertains to how the freak goes together, does the insert slide into the actual barrel itself? Or is it just another section you add on?? Any help would be great. thanks a lot.

-Scotty Boy

vf-xx
08-20-2002, 08:33 PM
NO you can't use the AA as a freak.

A freak is a 3 piece barrel. You have the Tip (the part with porting. You have the Back (the part with threads) and the insert (which is the effective barrel) the insert slides into the front of the back and the tip screws on over it to hold it in.

snakestang
08-20-2002, 08:41 PM
You have part of a Freak;) A small part, but its a start. You have a Freak front. What you need is a back and a couple of inserts and you got yourself a Freak.

vf-xx
08-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by hockeyspt87
I recently bought an S.P. All American barrel,

snakestang: no he's got an AA barrel. Not an AA tip. Don't confuse the boy ;)

snakestang
08-20-2002, 09:06 PM
True and a good point. However, if he bought a NEW All American like this (http://www.smartparts.com/spaabarrel.htm) then he would have a freak front. We need specifics on the barrel you bought. One piece or two?

hockeyspt87
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
its a 2 piece

snakestang
08-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Then yes you have a new AA. You can use the front in conjuntion with any Freak back. Your AA back is just a single size so you will not be able to put inserts into it.

vf-xx
08-21-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info Snakesting. I didn't know that.