PDA

View Full Version : one quick body question...

WicKeD_WaYz
08-21-2002, 01:44 AM
i did a search and came up empty i guess i just didnt look hard enough...

could i take a minimag body and just slap it on my classic setup...or am i gunna have to buy a mini-mag rail(if there are minimag rails:D ) etc...

ps: ide rather not do any sanding or drilling since im not the greatest with tools

S14-Racer
08-21-2002, 02:10 AM
Itll work fine. Classics and mini's use the same rail.

The problem arises when trying to fit an rt - rt pro / emag body onto a classic / mini rail. Then it requires modification of the body pim (iirc) to fit.

athomas
08-21-2002, 08:34 AM
RT pro/Emag bodies will fit on standard mag/minimag rails. Standard mag bodies and minimag bodies will not fit on RT pro and emag rails without modification.

Standard mag and minimag bodies are interchangeable.

ShooterJM
08-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by athomas
RT pro/Emag bodies will fit on standard mag/minimag rails. Standard mag bodies and minimag bodies will not fit on RT pro and emag rails without modification.

Yup, (just in case you needed confirmation).

PyRo
08-21-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by athomas

One more confirmation, and correctoin. You cannot modify bodies to fit the rt pro, the piece will fall off. Have you ever seen anyone do it?

ShooterJM
08-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
You cannot modify bodies to fit the rt pro, the piece will fall off. Have you ever seen anyone do it?

I thought you just had to mill the rail a bit for some reason. Eh, only got to shoot a RT Pro once. Never stripped one down and poked around. :(

PyRo
08-21-2002, 04:25 PM
True, maybie you could mill the rail, by the time you do this just buy a $10 rail.

Cristobal
08-21-2002, 04:49 PM

One more confirmation, and correctoin. You cannot modify bodies to fit the rt pro, the piece will fall off. Have you ever seen anyone do it?

Yes, donggie has a mini-emagnum (look for the thread in the dealers forum) and I believe that Tunaman has made the modification to some bodies. Although I have never done it myself, I believe it involves rounding off the corners on the square nut found on automag and minimag bodies so that they will fin the round hole in the RT-Pro/Emag rail. Althernately, you could probably mill the hole in the rail so that it would accept a square nut.

WicKeD_WaYz
08-22-2002, 02:23 AM
thanx for all the help guys

Deftonius
08-22-2002, 05:54 AM
I found all this out at a walk-on night last night. :)

PyRo
08-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Maybie your right about the square. I thought that if you cut off the edges or it the thing would fall off. Hmm.

Cristobal
08-22-2002, 02:22 PM
Maybie your right about the square. I thought that if you cut off the edges or it the thing would fall off. Hmm.

Well, you're right: you're certainly going to have to be careful of the welds. I was under the impression, though, that it was possible to round the part without damagine the structural integrity of the nut. Don or tunaman would probably be a more definitive source.