PDA

View Full Version : I just bought an Autococker

Tron
08-21-2002, 02:23 AM
I just got a cocker on ebay for $340 and it came with boomy to boot. It is a brand new 2002 red veritcal feed with a brand new 12" boomstick.

-Tron

Tron
08-21-2002, 04:55 AM
By the way I still have my RT Pro and still plan on using it more then anything. I just wanted something to look at that moved. =)

-Tron

ccaleb
08-21-2002, 06:28 AM
That was my exact philosiphy on getting a Cocker! That's what makes the Cocker special... the moving parts and hoses. :D My RT Pro is still my baby though.

Caleb

FalconGuy016
08-21-2002, 07:27 AM
cockers are just cool like that

cphilip
08-21-2002, 08:25 AM
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you... ;)

HoppysMag
08-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Ahhhh. my movey shinny thingy theory is proven once more.... ig it moves and is shiney people will buy it...

mrhooie
08-21-2002, 09:17 AM
good thing you got a good back up

Polishpickles451
08-21-2002, 10:51 AM
yeah welcome to the mag to cocker sell-out club
just works better for me

EsPo
08-21-2002, 10:56 AM
i dont have enough money to sell out to a cocker

JEDI
08-21-2002, 11:11 AM
I just bought the same cocker. Red and all. 340 is real good. Mine was $310 stock minus the boomey. I put a Kapp swing on it, and it already rocks. Keep us up to date with the upgrades. Mine is gonna be my project gun for a while.

AutoMaggot
08-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Congrats on your new cocker... you'll like it.

The best part is uprgading, which you can't honestly do with some of these other markers *cough* mags *cough* :D

cphilip
08-21-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AutoMaggot
Congrats on your new cocker... you'll like it.

The best part is uprgading, which you can't honestly do with some of these other markers *cough* mags *cough* :D

And unlike *some* others you'll need too...and with some others you don't! *Cough mags Cough* :rolleyes:

Tron
08-21-2002, 01:16 PM
lol guys. But like I said I still have my RT Pro which I plan to use and get a LX for soon. I just wanted something to play with and tinker with so I got a cocker.

-Tron

SyntaxError
08-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
I just bought the same cocker. Red and all. 340 is real good. Mine was $310 stock minus the boomey. I put a Kapp swing on it, and it already rocks. Keep us up to date with the upgrades. Mine is gonna be my project gun for a while.

you got it working? what was the deal with it the other day?

Tron
08-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JEDI

Ya I figure I could dump around $500 into it and make it quite a gun and it will be fun to boot. My next gun will be the new emag, HALO B, Flatline 68/45, 12" Boomy. So sick. =)

-Tron

JEDI
08-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Friday night at like 12 midnight, jeremy and I got it timed. We adjusted the 3 way rod all the way in, and messed with the lug a little, then it shot beautifully. Saturday, I played with it all day, and whooped some butt. Tron, look out for the stock bolt pin. They suck. My friends gone through 2, and mine just crapped out after one day of use. The bearings flew out. Not a big deal, they're like 6 bucks. I'd look into one of those Evol style pull pins with one big bearing.

Tron
08-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the tip. I am going to read up on what I should put into the gun. Well my transaction went through perfect. So far this is my second time on Ebay and both times have been painless and extremely fast.

-Tron

InfinatyBPS
08-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Just in case you are thinking of upgrading, here are some suggestions:

Eclipse Blade Frame
Red Stickys(just for looks:) )
KAPP or CP Drop.
ANS, AKA, AA or Gladiator Reg
Bomb, Dye or New WGP 3 way
Shocktech, MacDev, or Palmers LP reg.
STO, Shocktech, or KAPP ram.
AKA Lighting Bolt, but if you don't wonna spend that much for a bolt, Twisted Sports Derlin bolts are nice for $29 at 888paintball or just leave it stock.
And for lower tube stuff, I reccomend freeflow or MacDev lower tube assemblys.

With all that stuff you got a sweet setup. But of course this is if you feel like tinkering, if you just want a reliable marker that works fine, then keep it stock. But if you want the ultimate paint throwing machine, and if you got the $$$ then toss it down for this stuff...

Polishpickles451
08-21-2002, 03:43 PM
yeah definatly w/ the upgrades cockers are fun
there is no otehr gun that u can customize to any way you want it.
yes, they are not as reliable as mags, but once you learn a cocker and tune it nicely, it will give you years of great use.
although Ravi's paintball page has terrible advice on mags, his autococker infosheet and reviews are very helpful.

pito189
08-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Definately get the new WGP adjustable 3 way. You can get crazy short pulls with it, if that is your cup of tea. Also take a gander at the Palmers Microrock. The thing is tiny is pretty ridiculous.

Tron
08-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Everything sounds great so far and I am doing a lot of reading. I want it to look pretty and shoot great. =) My RT Pro came out of the box like that so it wasn't to fun. ;)

-Tron

Troy
08-21-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tron
Thanks for the tip. I am going to read up on what I should put into the gun. Well my transaction went through perfect. So far this is my second time on Ebay and both times have been painless and extremely fast.

-Tron

I would suggest paintballs :p

The worst thing the average cocker owner can do to their gun is try to tinker with it. If it works don't fix it.

puckmaster
08-21-2002, 09:13 PM
another thing you might went to get is some duct tape. a big role of duct tape.

EDIT- there, its duct tape is spelled write :) :)

PaInTbALL zAcH
08-21-2002, 09:32 PM
i sold out and got a cocker too. Its comin tomoorow i hope. I was tired of waiting for xtremes so maybe ill pick one up at cup or something

Tron
08-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Man this is like being on a mac forum and I just said I bought a PC. =) I am not selling out nothing of the kind. I wanted a Mag since the first time I ever went out. I just wanted something to play with, tinker with, and just upgrade. Same way with my computers and everything else I own.

-Tron
p.s. its Duct tape. ;)

This is still my baby and will always be.
http://www.submatrix.com/images/pball/side.jpg

puckmaster
08-21-2002, 10:48 PM
duct tape, damn, why did I spell that wrong? Cockers are ok, but i made the mistake of buying one used. duct tape was pretty the only thing i had holding it together at the end of its life. I think I might like them better if i buy a new one, and dont screw with the timing

Jack Napier
08-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Thats a whole lot of half-life for one person.

Seancallahan
08-21-2002, 10:59 PM
have fun with it bro

HoppysMag
08-21-2002, 11:03 PM
yes we had the half life/starcraft discusion in another thread, he owns a game center correct?:D

Tron
08-21-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
yes we had the half life/starcraft discusion in another thread, he owns a game center correct?:D

Yes I do and we are finally finished with all the legal stuff. So we will have 38 PC's and 2 Macs along with a T1 line, 6Mb DSL, Klipsch 5.1 Sound system, and tons of other cool stuff. If anyone comes down and mentions AO I will hook them up with a free hour and Bawls Guranna. =)

Ya the cocker I bought was brand new won at a tourney. Pisses me off that people will win something they dont need and turn around and sell it when people are still using stingrays. =)

-Tron

Mild 7
08-22-2002, 04:01 AM
I just started using my '96 cocker this year after some serious upgrading. When I bought the sucker in '96, I lost count on how many times spent on the bench tryin to get the damn thing to work. Everything on it was breaking down piece after piece, starting with the trigger shoe. The field I played at Michigan had a team there that used all mags. They advised me to get a mag. So not only I got the mag, I got the RT mag. After that, the cocker was kept in the closet unless any of my friends who was too cheap to get a rental, I let them deal with the problems.

I decided to upgrade my cocker this year because I wanted something to tinker with and contribute to the poor economy we're in. After about $600 worth of upgrade, my 'o cocker shoots like a dream. The consistency (+2 or -2)is great and the efficiency (1500+ rds. out of 68/4500), running at 200 input pressure. The total amount of $ I spent on this gun all together is close to a grand on the gun alone. I think I'm done tinkering. LOL, the only thing that is stock on this cocker is the body. I still have the side feed body from '96, big and black.

Enjoy!