PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't decide!!

1stdeadeye
08-21-2002, 07:01 PM
I have a Tippman 98 and my beloved Automag R/T. I am now looking for an electro. I want to make this next step right away and am frustrated. I can easily afford to by a new E-Mag, but tried to pick up a used one to save a few bucks. When I couldn't find one at a reasonable price I decided to get a new one. I found them new at WWW.XPAINTBALL.COM for $837.99 which is dirt cheap. Then I went to my local shop to see if he would come close (I wouldn't pressure him to match it, just come within $30.00 of it or so as I prefer to buy locally). While I was there, He had a brand new 02 GZ Intimidator with the new boards in a grey/blue fade. I shot it! This gun is light and beautiful. It is also $990 with the new board in it. Again, cost is not my main concern, loyalty is. I want to stay with AGD, but the EMAG is so heavy compared to the GZ. I would love to get an X-Mag, but who knows when they are coming out. Help, bring me to my senses or should I just give in and get the Timmy?
Thanks!

Load SM5
08-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Well I've heard the GZ Timmy's are pretty nice, but I can't imagine shooting anything other than my SFL. I would look for used SFL or wait for the Extreems to come out. Get oon the waiting listand play with your RT until then.

Gitaroo Man
08-21-2002, 07:10 PM
ok i haven't shot an emag but my friend owns a GZ and OMG! that thing is soooooo sweet. the trigger pull is awesome and it is very lightweight. I would go with the GZ

1stdeadeye
08-21-2002, 07:16 PM
I know they are both sweet, that is why this is so tough. I don't think I can wait until the X-Mag comes out. My wife might find my stashed Marker Money before then, and then boom-new patio furniture or some other garbage.

Troy
08-21-2002, 07:22 PM
The extreme is out. It was launched at the IAO a couple of weeks ago. Get the Extreme not the glorified electronic spyder/Timmy. Besides, Timmy is a stupid name for a gun.

Gitaroo Man
08-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Timmy is still sweet...who cares what the name is...as long as the gun shoots well, performs well, and the quality is good. If you find an extreme c and c get that otherwise i would get the GZ

puckmaster
08-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Get the e-mag!

2000Sabre
08-21-2002, 09:14 PM
I say go with the E-Mag, SFL or Extreme. You have to remember that in the case of a dead battery, the E-Mag can operate manually. Essentially, you have two guns in one. An RT Pro and E-Mag. Timmies can't do that.

Darkling
08-21-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Troy
Besides, Timmy is a stupid name for a gun.

well, I personally believe that the autococker is a terrible name for a gun, but that still doesnt mean its bad, lol.

yeha man, i would get the extreme. frikken sweet.

1stdeadeye
08-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I know the Extreme's were launched at the IAO, but you can't fing them now anywhere. Not at the AGD store, Modified, or anywhere else. Being RELEASED and being AVAILABLE are two very different things!

Ghost24
08-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Patience Grasshopper, good things come to those who wait. In this case hold on to your dough and wait for the C&C Extreme. Call Arthur Andersen, they can help you hide your cash from your better half. Remember once an AGD man (or woman) always an AGD man. Don't make me come over there.

Mild 7
08-22-2002, 04:11 AM
I would also ask AGD Jon about purchasing one of'em X-mags. I think he might have connections. About the availability, I was told to wait six month.

I personally can and will wait for the X mag. There is a lot of temptation out there in terms of choosing a nice electros. But I think the X-mag is going to be well worth the wait for me.

P4ULuk
08-22-2002, 04:27 AM
Try and wait for an Extreme C&C, they are super sweet! the milling is just god damn superb!!

Paul.

ReTro Boy
08-22-2002, 05:07 PM
The GZ is a sweet momma...

X-mag is a hot babe!!! :eek:

1stdeadeye
08-22-2002, 07:01 PM
I did call Jon today. The realistic time frame for the eXtreme-Mags is about 6 months:( !

BajaBoy
08-22-2002, 07:16 PM
what about the 2nd run of sfls?

1stdeadeye
08-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Who sells the SFLs? Do they come with Level 10s?

1stdeadeye
08-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Can I just order an Extreme Mag from AGD Europe? They have them on their website for sale? Would there be a problem with the battery and charger?

If I can get away with it, I will!!!

Jonno06
08-25-2002, 08:36 AM
lol...

just about every post in this thread made me laugh...

'dont make me come over there'
'timmy is a stupid name for a gun'
hahahaha..

yeaaaaaa...

get the emag fool!..u must be crazy to even think differently....

/me smacks 1stdeadeye with a large trout(lol for all ur mIRC users)

Mango
08-25-2002, 09:21 AM
1stdeadeye: which shop did you go to, just out of curiousity. OTS in Lindenwold? They are the only local shop I know of.

1stdeadeye
08-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jonno06
lol...

/me smacks 1stdeadeye with a large trout(lol for all ur mIRC users)

Trout-Yummy!!
I like trout, especially in pie!!!!

No Mango,
I play at OTS-Pemberton, but I shop at NPS in Matua. They are awesome. That is where I got my warp. I told them Modified's price, they pulled it up on the internet and matched it. They may have matched it because of all the $ I spend there, but they all know me by name and treat me like gold. That is where I shot the Timmy. Their customer service rivals, dare I say it, AGD!

By the way, no one has answered my question, can you order an Extreme from AGD-Europe?

Thanks.

mike e
08-25-2002, 10:07 AM
why not sell the 98 and rt
and get the emag and the timmy

1stdeadeye
08-25-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by mike e
why not sell the 98 and rt
and get the emag and the timmy

The 98 is my Newb gun. It is the crack that I provide to Newbs to hook them on our sport, so I must keep it.
The R/T is my back-up. It is the gun I've done my learning on, I couldn't bear to part with it.

Can anyone answer the AGD Europe Question?!?!?!?!

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

The 98 is my Newb gun. It is the crack that I provide to Newbs to hook them on our sport, so I must keep it.
The R/T is my back-up. It is the gun I've done my learning on, I couldn't bear to part with it.

Can anyone answer the AGD Europe Question?!?!?!?!

Yes you can, shipping cost might sting a bit as might the actual price of the gun but the service is first class! Give Jackie a ring or drop them an email. Also ask about the Extreme C&C might be able to order it ;)
No differance batery wise just won't have the AL valve or micro on/off switch!

HTH.

Paul.

1stdeadeye
08-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by P4ULuk

Yes you can, shipping cost might sting a bit as might the actual price of the gun but the service is first class! Give Jackie a ring or drop them an email. Also ask about the Extreme C&C might be able to order it ;)
No differance batery wise just won't have the AL valve or micro on/off switch!

HTH.

Paul.

Thanks,
This helps a lot!!
Not to be pushy, but do you have Jackie's Email Address!

Scott

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Sure have a look here!

http://www.airgun.com/Europe/contact.shtml

Paul.

xmetal2001
08-25-2002, 04:15 PM
If you cant wait, I would get the GZ if cost doesn't matter and you like how its light.

But if you are willing just to wait a littlebit longer i VERY STRONGLY reccomend the Xtreme C&C! Wow its sweet(and unbelievably light too)!

I say just find a REAL good hiding spot for the money, and wait.

1stdeadeye
08-25-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by P4ULuk
Sure have a look here!

http://www.airgun.com/Europe/contact.shtml

Paul.

Thank you! I just emailed them. If I can I am going to order a Black C&C from AGD Europe. I saw them on their website and started to drool. I can live without the aluminum bolt. It has the level 10, ACE, and aluminum body.

I'll let you all know if this is possible. We will be able to get Extremes now!!!!!

Mango
08-25-2002, 08:35 PM
1stdeadeye: since you live like pretty much right around the corner from me, if you want to get together and shoot my extreme you are more than welcome. :) I need to put more rounds through it anyway. We could meet up at National Paintball if you want. :) Might help you in your buying decision.

1stdeadeye
08-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
1stdeadeye: since you live like pretty much right around the corner from me, if you want to get together and shoot my extreme you are more than welcome. :) I need to put more rounds through it anyway. We could meet up at National Paintball if you want. :) Might help you in your buying decision.
Thanks,
I'll PM you early next week. I am jamed up for the remainder of the week. I'll be down the shore!

1stdeadeye
08-26-2002, 08:57 AM
I called AGD-Europe today to see if I could order an Extreme from them. They have them on their website and they are sweet.
It is a "Bank Holiday" there today and everything is closed:( . I wish I had a holiday today;) .

ZyperioN
08-26-2002, 09:00 AM
where do u guys live im not to far National Paintball and i would love to try out that amazing piece of machinery.

Autococker-the gun hanging in a frame on God's wall
Automag-the gun in God's gear-bag

Swanky_Sam
08-26-2002, 09:14 AM
where are you?

Mango
08-26-2002, 09:34 AM
I live in Sicklerville, right off Cross Keys. :)

1stdeadeye
08-26-2002, 12:08 PM
I live on the Pitman/Glassboro Border on Broadway/North Main St (Rt553a).

Mango,
I am going to contact Jared over at NPS and see if we can meet there and shoot in the field next door. He is a cocker/angel guy, maybe we can convert him!

Mango
08-26-2002, 12:13 PM
I know jared, he sold me my IR3. *shudders* :p

Pand0ra
08-26-2002, 01:03 PM
We've a GZ and a Dragon Timmy in our team. Awesome guns. Very light, very fast, and accurate too.

But I compared my Emag Xtreme C&C with them. The weight is close, the accuracy also (comes from the barrel for a part, I know).
The difference is in the ROF. The Emag is faster, definitely.
And of course you have the mechanical mode, which saved me a few times already, plus the Lvl 10.

@++

1stdeadeye
08-26-2002, 02:03 PM
I know jared, he sold me my IR3. *shudders* :p

Jared is the man! He takes great care of me. I must have bought a ton of stuff from him this year alone.

Why are you keeping your IR3? The C&C isn't enough?;)

Mango
08-26-2002, 05:06 PM
The IR3 is gone, sold at IAO. :)

1stdeadeye
08-26-2002, 05:11 PM
The IR3 is gone, sold at IAO. :)

Good for you. I'll PM you soon. If things work out I may have a European Extreme Mag soon.

Mango
08-26-2002, 08:03 PM
whoa nice! :)

1stdeadeye
08-27-2002, 03:03 PM
I called AGD-Europe. They will not ship not to the good old USA. They will sell to me if I fly over to London. I don't think the wife will allow me to fly over there just to get a marker.

Maybe I can change our vacation plans around a little bit?;)

Anyone know someone trustworthy in Europe who might be able to get one for me?