PDA

View Full Version : Getting a truck sooner or later...need some imput

Python14
08-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Okay well, apparently I have been screwed out of the family Jeep. If I don't want to ride the bus everyday, I either have to convince my friends that picking me up is a wise investment in the future or I have to buy my own wheels. Well, I did a bit of research but my limited knowledge of the automotive world has caused my search to be quite useless. Heres basically what I'm looking at...I need a truck, preferably a pickup, because I have to yank a boat around on weekends a few times a month and haul 500-1000lbs of mulch for work(previously I used the jeep, until it was yanked from my greatful hands). Plus, I regularly drive up on some land my dad owns, which requires a truck at the least and four-wheel drive is an advantage. I have thought about the Ford F-series, but I'm having problems finding truck within my price range(-$3000). I can drive a shift, so that is no problem, and body problems aren't much of a problem either(unless it's like rusting to the point of insanity). Is there any good place to look for used trucks? Or are there other trucks I should look at? Thanks.

ronron2112
08-21-2002, 09:30 PM
haha as i have said in other posts.... DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!

PyRo
08-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Dakota kicks arse :)
You can get one from like 87-89 in decent shape for around under $1000. I'm not sure how well thats going to do with the mulch though, if its going in the bed. The boat thing depends on the size of the boat as well.

rhetor22
08-22-2002, 06:18 PM
F-150 4x4, i'm sure you can find one under $3k.