PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 problems

sinman02
08-22-2002, 09:51 AM
I posted this on the official Level 10 problem tread, but no one has responded...so I'm reposting it here.

Level 10 problems
I had my level 10 installed by a "professional" at a pro shop on my automag RT. After the install I could not get the gun to fire above 250 on the chrono. When I tried to increase the velocity, the gun started to vent out the back. I took the gun apart myself and examined the carrier and found that the fit was a bit too snug so I replaced it with the next larger one. I have the "middle" spring just slightly longer than the stock and the air pressure was at around 800-850 psi. I also have 2 shims with no apparent leaks from the barrel. I couldn't chrono it at that point since I don't have a personal chrono, but could the reason the gun chrono'ed so low be because the carrier ring was too tight? Does the length of the spring have an effect on ball velocity? Will going with a shorter spring make the velocity higher?

razorback
08-22-2002, 10:12 AM
On the original valve, it could bew a bad spring pack behind the velocity adjusting screw. I donr know about the retro valve. Also the retro does not work on co2.

Dayspring
08-22-2002, 10:42 AM
If you actually read the "Official Level 10 Problems" thread, there are people with your problem. Yes on both counts-

too tight a carrier and spring can effect velocity.