PDA

View Full Version : barrel questions

JediJamminWease
08-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I want to get a new barrel for my minimag. I still have the original barrel right now. I read that the point behind the mini is to have the short barrel so what would be the maximum length of barrel i should get? What length would you recommend?

razorback
08-22-2002, 10:22 AM
If you are playing indoors at close range, the barrel you have should suffice. If it is outdoors, try an All American spiral drilled barrel. It has proven itself as a barrel that is super accurate for the mag. I myself have an armson rifled barrel.

PyRo
08-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Don't go over 12in on any gun. Lapaco barrels are great. You don't want too much porting in your barrel, because the effective part of your barrel actually ends where the porting begins. So with a 12in barrel with 2in or porting the ball can only accelerate for 10in. Lapacos have about 1in of porting, which is fine. You want a barrel which matches your paint well, small paint small barrel, large paint, large barrel. A bad paint-barrel match, can affect your gas efficancy and your accuracy. Too much porting will use alot more gas. Any barrel longer than 12in is a waste of gas, and won't help you in any way. Lapacos are 11.5in, which is good.

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 01:36 AM
if i were you before purchasing a new barrel grab a WDP paint measuring device and find out which size paint your feild uses (make sure the paint is fresh like just opened) then buy your barrel with your bore size acording to that.

PyRo
08-23-2002, 05:50 AM
Just get an 18in dye titanium boomstick set for $700 its worth every penny. :) Ok, so the titanium boomstick isn't very good, and 18in is huge, hey atleast the namse sounds cool.