PDA

View Full Version : Emags and RT's banned in a tourny... not good news

Dragoon
08-22-2002, 11:08 AM
I came across this today. Not what I would call good publicity. Anyone care to take up the fight.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=100679&messageid=1029718667&lp=1029985133

It's only a local tournament, but it's this sort of thing that gets rumors started.

It could also be seen as a compliment. Aparently retro mags are just too fast!

Douglas

paintslinger
08-22-2002, 11:33 AM
"there must be to many mods for the e-mags" BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

p.s. that is total bs

only in canada...:p

Deftonius
08-22-2002, 11:46 AM
I'm canadian too, you wanna mess with me and get a dozen donuts down your throat hole? lol.

Yeah it is quite crapy that they are banning e-mags and rt's. It's stupid. Quite stupid. Thank god I don't own one. :p:p

BajaBoy
08-22-2002, 11:48 AM
heh.. yea small local tornies wouldnt let me in with my "classic" mag lol well didnt look like on but thats not the point.. and they dont alow and electro gun bc "u only need to get someone out with one paintball, not ten" true true.. but im like get with the program.. u aint gunna be making anymore if u outlaw normal guns

ben_JD
08-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Wasn't there an initial push to ban RTs from tournaments when they first came out? How much of this is bleed-over from the Tippman RTs?

To tell you the truth, it gives me a little pause to think that I am about to dump a lot of money into an Extreme (if they ever decide to make them available :)) that might be banned. A little pause, not much of a pause.

paintslinger
08-22-2002, 11:56 AM
well it is a little local tourney...not like nppl or anything like that. so in this case its just the field owners loss.

BTAutoMag
08-22-2002, 12:10 PM
ROFL if you find the triggers sweet spot you can fie 35bps... hahahahahahahaha i never knew:D

PS yea that is BS

HoppysMag
08-22-2002, 12:14 PM
that is so *EDIT* Don't need that here, don't do it again. Army

ok the emag has less modes of fire than any angel and as for the trigger bounce thats bull . its just another case of marker prejudice.

cphilip
08-22-2002, 12:16 PM
Best thing to do here is to boycot these guys tourneys and make sure they know why! Simple. One or two less teams can make or break a local tourney.

BTAutoMag
08-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Ok the emag has less modes of fire than any angel and as for the trigger bounce thats bull . its just another case of marker prejudice.

ha ha
Angels- "now with 50 new ways to shoot your opponent"

magman007
08-22-2002, 12:56 PM
ok, first off that is retarted. Now, angels have some bounce back from the micro switch correct? (minus the opti trigger)

The rt used to be the lead marker for tournies, before the angel appeared.

This guy is a fool.

RetroEclipseMan
08-22-2002, 02:10 PM
"you can't just ban one type of gun just because airgun got lucky and made a fast gun"

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.Hahahahaha.

Kevmag
08-22-2002, 04:28 PM
Don't E-Mags shoot 40% slower in Canada because of the exchange rate? :)

Dragoon
08-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Actually it's 40% faster. :D

You get more bang for your buck up here. :p

Douglas

thecavemankevin
08-22-2002, 04:36 PM
http://neonspeed.com/images/emoticons/bsflag.gif

Originally posted by Kevmag
Don't E-Mags shoot 40% slower in Canada because of the exchange rate? :)

:D :D

Tron
08-22-2002, 05:09 PM
I was told I wasn't allowed on a field in SC Village because the Ref said my gun was automatic. He said he would watch me playing to make sure. SC Village should stop hiring dairy farmers to be refs.

-Tron

Grimm1013
08-22-2002, 06:09 PM
That's bad when one of the leading fields in the country makes a idiotic call like that. Some kid I was playing with was complaining about my using an automatic, which was in fact einhander619's RT. Fortunately, the field owner is down with mags and told the the kid what was up. The kid now wants a mag. As for this canadian ban on RT's, that's the stupidest thing ever. Ever!

BajaBoy
08-22-2002, 06:47 PM
jeez, was reading all that for the first time.. lol next there gunna band the halo loader.. "The halo loader has no need, no point.. its BAND!!!" i could see that.. lol anyway wtf.. emag does 16-20 bps.. what about other modified guns.. electro cockers, impys so on. Wasnt there a cocker on here that did lie 17? thats really is bs and i dont even own an emag (but i do own an rt:) )

Jezus
08-22-2002, 07:09 PM
I dont care what they say.. If they bann E-mags well..

I will hide until the game starts and run onto the field with it :)

they cant stop me!!! :mad:

BTAutoMag
08-22-2002, 07:27 PM
the guy who owns the field is probably some nut n00b who thinks they are automatic.

frankly i know of only one company that makes a fully automatic automag and i forgett their name. the emagnum board is the only other way of doing it.

he probably has been shot by mags too many times and is just sick of it by now:D

WicKeD_WaYz
08-22-2002, 08:07 PM
thats total b*llsh*t...somebody mentioned ao members righting a letter to the guy. im sooo down for that all we need is an adress. seriously can anyone find an adress?

hubadlatimmy
08-22-2002, 08:57 PM
well miles-dyson set em strait. He didn't do it in the nicest way but he knew what was up.

kevdupuis
08-22-2002, 10:16 PM
I noticed that nothing was mentioned about Tippmann's reactive trigger. I thought AGD had a retro not a reactive trigger. :confused:

HoppysMag
08-22-2002, 10:34 PM
thats it tom should go in there tell em off and watch them try to question it... i can see it now " emags have full" "NO they dont" but my teamm" "your team mates an iliterate moron" "but doesnt an angel" "not even close" of course that is if it was face to face with tom cutting them off and answering before they have a chance...:D

Restola
08-22-2002, 10:58 PM
I will never cease to be amazed how completely ignorant of the facts people are.

But I dont live in canada and I dont play tournys.

So they can be as stupid as they want.

pbstu
08-22-2002, 11:30 PM
i asked for an email address, someone will have it hopefully.

stu.

SaederFir
08-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Box 2474 Salmon Arm BC Canada V1E 4R4

ATT: MAX

Seancallahan
08-22-2002, 11:58 PM
Some **** just dont make sense

http://www.bamaland.com/paintball/call.gif
Minimag LX
Custom Powder Coat by Junky

Dragoon
08-23-2002, 12:50 AM
"Re: emags banned at the monster 4 next year August 22 2002, 8:54 PM

actually, the valve is tested to 24bps without shootdown. The Emag is only capable of 20bps because the solenoid can only cyle the action that fast. "

Hmmmm..... I don't think so.

The great thing about the internet is that anyone can say something with conviction and make it seam like fact. Ahh.. the blind leading the blind.

Douglas

Sniper Bob
08-23-2002, 04:57 AM
Keep in mind this is a small tourney, not a major event where this could ahve long-reaching rammifications(sp?). I know some of the guys who are running the tourney. As to why they've decided this... I have no idea. I'm planning on contacting him to see what the reasoning is.

I can't see it being because of the "bounce" since I've seen Angel's and Matrix's get similar trigger bounce. Since there's a large majority of rookie teams in that area (some Nov, even less AM teams) it might be to curb overshooting, but I don't hear about any other markers being banned either.

I'll report back once I get an answer.

Dragoon
08-23-2002, 07:04 AM
Welcome to AO Sniper Bob.

Good to see you over here.

Douglas

Sniper Bob
08-23-2002, 03:12 PM
LOL, thanks. :D

I keep forgetting I got a login here.

Well.. I talked out the oragnizer (Max) and his exact reply to me was: "If you do not have to pull the trigger it is not semi-auto."

Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable person about Mags, but I thought this issue was dealt with a while ago?

omni
08-23-2002, 03:45 PM
I still think the ban is stupid. What if it was just E-mode without the reactive trigger.

=-xunoxnitrox-=
08-23-2002, 04:11 PM
blame canada...blame canada :D :D

Deftonius
08-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Blame USA for making these kick-*** pieces of aluminum :p :) ;) :D :cool:

HoppysMag
08-23-2002, 06:19 PM
steel my good man for the RTP that is... aluminum for the XMag

Deftonius
08-23-2002, 06:26 PM
lol, whatever. All the same.

E==Mag MAN
08-23-2002, 07:02 PM
well i got a account and posted my 2 cents "mrPIE" did i do a good job lol......

08-23-2002, 10:42 PM
I have a clone on PBCanada how retarded they stole my name. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sniper Bob
08-24-2002, 04:44 AM
Well "mrPIE" you made your point on there, but you could have done it without the name calling. BTW, Max has owned a RT in the past, and used to be (might still be) the man to see in that area for Mag acessories. He's also had acess to e-mags used by some of the local players there, so I'm sure he's well aware of the technology. Also, just because someone's not on a "big named team" (as you phrased it) doesn't mean they're not talented. I find you were making some gross generalizations about a man you know nothing about. You're arguement in favour of the e-mag seemed to have been lost within all the insults, which has unfortunately reduced your post to coming across as jeuvenile rather than informational.

Remember guys, this isn't a Canada-wide ban, it's *ONE* tourney. Although for reference,a teammate of mine (Paul La Rue) had problems last year at the Canadian Nationals with the organizer who was pulling RT's and E-mags if they could get them to go reactive. But again this was the organizer's decision rather than a standard rule. Hopefuly the same guy won't be running it again this year.

For reference, I don't agree with the decision.

845: Who's your clone?

08-24-2002, 06:42 AM
I dont know its a mystery but someone is registered under my name and it isnt me. I checked my passwords and none work.:eek: Maybe tonight I will check but right now i have to go pick up grandma who my dad forgot to get last night and then go play some paintball.:)

08-24-2002, 12:26 PM
maby tom will sell you guys your air valves back from the valve exchange program ;)