PDA

View Full Version : I have a dumb question.....

Shag316
08-22-2002, 02:54 PM
OK, this may sound dumb, I just got a 68 Automag classic, now I bought it used, and I am having a problem with the bold sticking, now I use to have a minimag, and never had this problem. I noticed when I took it apart to clean, that there was a ridge on the inside of the bolt, the part that enters the power tube. My question is, what can I do to rid me of this, short of having to buy a new bolt. Thanks to all.

:confused:
Mike

BajaBoy
08-22-2002, 02:56 PM
use a longer pt spacer

athomas
08-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Is it an aftermarket bolt? I, like most others here, don't like aftermarket products on a mag. If its aftermarket, get a new AGD bolt.

That being said, try the longer power tube spacer. Also check the length of the bolt spring. It should extend past the nose of the bolt. If it is short, it will cause bolt stick. Replace it.

puckmaster
08-22-2002, 08:29 PM
No questions are stupid.

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 01:25 AM
puckmaster
No questions are stupid.
I agree completely!!! No question is stupid only the people who ask them are stupid! Please note shag's Q was
Shag316
this may sound dumb

PyRo
08-23-2002, 05:48 AM
Ok, i'm not sure what exactly your talking about. If you cannot get a picture, try to find another mag bolt, and check to make sure its not supposed to be there. Other that that, get an AGD bolt, or just get the whole level 10.