PDA

View Full Version : why car chargers?

rehme
08-22-2002, 04:02 PM
i want to know why companys use car to charge the guns because i think it would be easier to change them in the house

Kevmag
08-22-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure. Car chargers would make sense if these markers required to be charged every 1000 shots or so, but that is not the case for newer markers. Both the E-Mag and Angel can shoot THOUSANDS of times between charges.

Fortunately, I can charge my marker overnight without leaving the keys in the car...

Paintballer86
08-22-2002, 04:17 PM
I totally agree re. the charger in your house. This is the ONLY thing I somewhat dislike about my e-mag and I think it was such a design flaw, I cant even have a conversation about it without getting frustrated. Of course, you can buy one of those things off ebay that lets you charge it in your house, but that would be the EASY way out. ;)

BajaBoy
08-22-2002, 04:51 PM
its cheaper, think about it the emag battery is what 18vt? i dunno the amp or w-e but the car battery is 12vt high amp.. (kinda close in range) then wall charger is 110volt and high amp.. it would cost more to make a charger for the wall so they tried to make it cheap as possibal

Tron
08-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
its cheaper, think about it the emag battery is what 18vt? i dunno the amp or w-e but the car battery is 12vt high amp.. (kinda close in range) then wall charger is 110volt and high amp.. it would cost more to make a charger for the wall so they tried to make it cheap as possibal

For what your paying I wouldn't mind an extra $20 tacked on for conviences sake.

-Tron

HoppysMag
08-22-2002, 09:20 PM
its got some thing to do with AC ( alteranating current) and DC ( direct current)doesnt it??

maximuspita
08-22-2002, 10:12 PM
The reason for the car charger its easier to put a resistor and such to reduce or increase the voltage for the battery, but for an in house charge you need a power supply (much, much bigger) to change ac to dc and run the risk of ruining the battery over time.

AGD
08-22-2002, 10:12 PM
Guys, Guys,

Guess what? You can charge your emag in the house, all my staff does and so do I. For about 8 bucks you can get a 12 volt transformer from Radio Shack that plugs right into the Emag charger and your good to go. I dont remember the number but its on the forum somewhere.

AGD

FeelTheRT
08-22-2002, 10:17 PM
its car charger because not all countries have the same electrical outlets. Car chargers are universal so that is why... or atleast thats why WDP does it :p

WhoDaresPlay
08-22-2002, 10:23 PM
I can't speak for AGD and their reasoning, but I'm sure Tom has a good one. But I can speak for WDP's logic.

WDP distributes the Angel series marker worldwide and for those who live or travel outside the states (especially in Europe) you'll quickly realize we all use different types of wall outlets. In addition, the electrical systems of many European countries is much different than that of the US.

But, all cars have the same output from a car cigarette lighter plug. Not to mention I'm sure the percentage of people who drive to a field versus walk to a field is 1000 to 1. But just like Tom stated, you can buy wall units that accept the charger.

pito189
08-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Here is the link to what you need at radio shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F001%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=273%2D1776

Will Wood
08-22-2002, 11:21 PM
Its very usefull for Angels and such. Emag you cna switch to manual....But on Angels...at a Tourney....You're screwed if it runs low and dies (Happened 2 tourneys ago, he had to borrow a GZ Timmy) Put it in the car real quick and your all set.