PDA

View Full Version : Best addition to a mag since Level 10... the proconnect

manike
08-22-2002, 04:47 PM
proconnect! It's the best thing I have added to my guns since level 10! thanks a huge bunch to Tunaman ( [email protected] ) who got them for me (he can get them for anyone). You can't get them over here in the UK easily (I've certainly never seen them often here) but they are worth every penny.

They completely solve the problem of the residual gas left that can happen with level 10 when you want to take the valve out and are easy to use. Nice well made bits of kit. Tunaman even had the special fittings I needed to put it inline so that the proconnect wasn't right next to the valve spoiling the looks of my gun :D

here's a pic on my gun...

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/proconnect1.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/proconnect2.jpg

manike

Kevmag
08-22-2002, 05:05 PM
looks good. I checked one out at a local store but they wanted $50 for it!!!

manike
08-22-2002, 05:09 PM
They aren't cheap, but they are very high quality and very useful.

It makes working on the gun so much easier. Especially good if you don't have an on/off valve on your tank.

manike

spacemanspiff
08-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Boy you really must like that disconnect cause you have the same pic over in another thread talking about it;) Like a little kid with a new toy. j/k:D

manike
08-22-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by spacemanspiff
Boy you really must like that disconnect cause you have the same pic over in another thread talking about it;) Like a little kid with a new toy. j/k:D

So true :) I'm sat here with another one popping it open and closed. :D

I wish I had found out about these years ago. Sure I had seen them in pictures but didn't realise how good they were until speaking to Tunaman about them in chat.

manike

krafty
08-22-2002, 05:29 PM
I used a proconnect for years as a qd/bleed for my remote. It's now on my Stroker, and will soon be moved over to my minimag just like the pics above. It's one of the best paintball investments I've ever made.

cphilip
08-22-2002, 05:55 PM
That is EXACTLY how I set mine up! Tuna found those little straight female macro fittings too. Worked great. Nice looking way to do it. I will do it again that way if I ever get another marker... sigh...

hitech
08-22-2002, 05:58 PM
I have a flatline (ie, on/off valve) and was thinking of just adding a slide check. That proconnect is huge. What makes it better than a slide check and quick disconnect combo?

manike
08-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I have a flatline (ie, on/off valve) and was thinking of just adding a slide check. That proconnect is huge. What makes it better than a slide check and quick disconnect combo?

The proconnect isn't huge but there are many extra fittings on it to fit it inline on my gun. At the bottom there is a tiny piece of macro between two elbows. It makes it all look longer than it is.

A slidecheck and qd would work but that would be a similar length also with macro line (that's how I was going to be doing it before) also some slidechecks can be hard to pull back under pressure. This system is actually quite easy.

manike

hitech
08-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Manike, thanks. Any idea what Tuna would sell just the proconnect to the rest of us for?

SlipknotX556
08-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Hmmmmmmm I think im gonna have to get one. :)

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:08 PM
I just have a nice ACI QD/Slidecheck near my valve. It actually would'nt fit except for the way the SFL is milled. I like it because it's about $45 cheaper than a pro-connect and I can shut off the air flow without dis-connecting everything.

hitech
08-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey load, do you have any pictures of it? I need to put something in my setup to degas the marker and I'm unsure what I want.

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:14 PM
I'll take one and post it up in a bit. I just got a new computer and have'nt installed the camera software yet.

WARPED1
08-22-2002, 06:15 PM
I had a proconnect on my mag for years before I sold it.I loved it.

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Here's a couple...

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:45 PM
closer...

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:45 PM
closest....

SlipknotX556
08-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Nice gun Load, my offer still goes for the gun. But Ill up it ill give you 2 WHOLE pieces of winterfresh.

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
2?!! Away temptation!!!!!

Tunaman
08-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Just a reminder...There is not a slidecheck made today that is designed to hold back the full tank pressure should the tank reg ever fail. The proconnect was designed to do just that. Most slidechecks were designed for the 850 PSI or so of a CO2 tank. Certain HPA applications could spell disaster. Please be careful when using slidechecks on HPA. Having BOTH a slidecheck and a Proconnect is the safest way. :cool: :D :cool: :D

SlipknotX556
08-22-2002, 07:04 PM
Load, Ill also throw in a piece of ORBIT!!

hitech
08-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Load, thanks for the pics. Nice marker, btw. Where did you get the level 10 inside sticker? I WANT ONE!

How much are proconnects?

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Just a reminder...There is not a slidecheck made today that is designed to hold back the full tank pressure should the tank reg ever fail. The proconnect was designed to do just that. Most slidechecks were designed for the 850 PSI or so of a CO2 tank. Certain HPA applications could spell disaster. Please be careful when using slidechecks on HPA. Having BOTH a slidecheck and a Proconnect is the safest way. :cool: :D :cool: :D

Well the tank has an on/off and the slidecheck is really just to bleed the line. But I promise, if the tank reg fails I'll throw the gun and dive for the nearest ditch.;)

I made the sticker at work to see how well it holds up.

Vegeta
08-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Look nice...

/me can't use Marco anymore...
/me has co2 problems...

Load SM5
08-22-2002, 07:15 PM
By the way that's a WAS turborev up there; the smartest loader there is.

It talks to me sometimes....:D

hitech
08-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I made the sticker at work to see how well it holds up.

How about selling me one? If it doesn't hold up, it doesn't hold up. I want one anyway.

You're not going to make me beg, are you? ;)

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-22-2002, 07:47 PM
this is gonna make me sound dumb but i dont care... the the proconnect allow me to disconct the QD w/o having to unscrew my tank? if so im getting one:)

Shirow
08-22-2002, 08:34 PM
where can you buy these things in the USA?

bunkerhugger
08-22-2002, 10:32 PM
http://www.paintball-paradise.com/
http://www.111paintball.com/prolprociii.html
http://www.sportsattitude.com/paintball/tankaccessories.htm

Manike - you could replace that tiny piece of macroline with different fittings and save yourself some bulk there. Try the plumbing section of home depot.

pito189
08-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
By the way that's a WAS turborev up there; the smartest loader there is.

It talks to me sometimes....:D

LOL LOL OMG LOL. I can hear it talking to me right now. It keeps telling me it measures ball smack ball smack ball smack ball smack ball smack ball smack

:D

Top Secret
08-23-2002, 12:40 AM
Since I don't have my digicam at the moment I'll do my best to describe my line setup. Out of the valve a 90 degree stainless fitting goes back with a Proconnect fitting. The Fitting is hooked up to a 90 degree Macroline which goes into the left side of my Flatline tank. Works great, and keeps the hose out of the way completely.

Pro-Connect is the way to go.

TransMan
08-23-2002, 03:34 AM
well i just use a QD slidecheck combo i already had the QD so i got the Slidecheck im too poor to get a proconnect. The only thing ive had go wrong with the slide check was the orings wearing out cause i played with it sliding it back and forward about a thousand times so then i just got my dad to pick up about 100 orings so now i can play with it as much as i want. :D

paintballrulzs
08-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Even with a proconnect wont there stil be pressure in your valve? I mean can you actually disconnect the qd and take out the valve without bleeding the excess air first?

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 12:36 PM
as long as the male end is upstream in the air line it will bleed the valve, the female end closes when the male end is detached so that no air is lost from the line but the air in the valve is drained

P.S. I know, I know I can barely understand it myself

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 12:37 PM
oh yeah I forgot to ask, does anyone have a really old pro-connect from like 94-96, I have one from an old remote and it has a brass peice at the end of the female end and around it, it says paint-ball

Muzikman
08-23-2002, 01:34 PM
I have two from around that time, but it isn't brass. I can say that one of the two is bad. Had the female end blow out on me. I quit using them cause I never had a need and they are ratehr large. I just might put one on the Flatline because of the residual preassure in the RT and Emag.

I think I paid $80 a piece for mine back in like 95 or so. Dunno what they cost now.

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 02:55 PM
so on your female end, yours doesn't have a metal/chrome cylinder and then a peice that kinda protrudes from it that is brass and has wrench flats

LittMag
08-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
oh yeah I forgot to ask, does anyone have a really old pro-connect from like 94-96, I have one from an old remote and it has a brass peice at the end of the female end and around it, it says paint-ball

Yeah I've got one that says paint-ball on it, but it's not brass, I dunno what it's made out of. One of the female ends that I have is bad and leaks, I'll have to test the other one.

Tunaman
08-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
http://www.paintball-paradise.com/
http://www.111paintball.com/prolprociii.html
http://www.sportsattitude.com/paintball/tankaccessories.htm

Manike - you could replace that tiny piece of macroline with different fittings and save yourself some bulk there. Try the plumbing section of home depot.
The Proconnects listed on the websites above are Proconnect III's. They are larger and cheaper than the real ones. Do not sacrifice!

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 08:54 PM
my pro-connect is huge, like a half inch in diameter, but I don't think it is one of the III's , it doesn't even say pro-connect on it I don't think

Seabass
11-11-2002, 01:52 AM
I was just doing a search trying to find a better solution to bleed off the line and came across the pro connect. Looks interesting however being I'm too cheap to pay 50 bucks for one , this is what I used. I took it off an old CO2 remote line setup , it was a bleed off valve to drain the line works really good. I think I paid 25 bucks for the entire remote line way back in the day so this might be a cost effective solution for some if you can still find these things...

- Seabass

Seabass
11-11-2002, 01:52 AM

Creative Mayhem
11-11-2002, 02:01 AM
I bought mine ten yrs ago and the darn thing is still going no probs what so ever. I have it on my AA raptor cause i was geting p'd off cause there was no air shutoff. I love the pro connect, is the single best investment next to the mag and hpa.

C Mayhem

Statik7
11-11-2002, 06:06 AM
totally noob question but i need to know...what does it do

yeahthatsme
11-11-2002, 02:59 PM
it silmutaniously shuts off the air flow and(if set up right) bleeds the excess air out of the system.

SeeK
11-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Shirow, Steve at Sam's has them.

Trench
11-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Sweet @ss...