PDA

View Full Version : polishing

Magjunkie87
08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
How do i self polish my body on my mag classic

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 01:10 AM
what color is the bod?chorme, black, or blasted? Something that works good with all of em is Stainless Steel Magic. Its in a windex style bottle I pick it up at home depot. It cleans and polishes all metals (that includes aluminum!) My problem with it is afterwards your stuff is all clean and shiny that you cant touch other wise your finger print will stick out MaGoR

PyRo
08-23-2002, 05:57 AM
Do a search, there are like 30 threads on this. One of them is really long, and has all the info you could ever want.

Magjunkie87
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
its the regular powdercoated body

Remington
08-23-2002, 11:33 AM
Go to a hardware store and get the following:

220 Grit Automotive Wet/Dry Sand Paper
400 Grit Automotive Wet/Dry Sand Paper
600 Grit " " " "
800 Grit " " " "

Procedure: Fill up a big Rubbermaid container with warm water (cold works good too but i prefered the warm water). Take your mag body and the 220 grit paper and start sanding the body UNDERwater for about 15-20 minutes. Sand lightly, not too hard. After the 15-2 minutes the beadblasted grey coat should be gone. If not go back and continue sanding. When the grey coat is gone wipe down the body with a towel. Go over to a light source and look to see if there are any more grey sections on the body (i.e. near the powerfeed weld, etc.) Then, take the 400 grit and the body and go back underwater and continue sanding the body for 15-20 mintues. Sand a little bit harder than before but not too much. When that is done you should start to notice the body gets more shiny. Continue with sanding but go to the 600 grit and continue for 20 minutes. Depending on how shiny you want your body you can continue on to the 800 grit and sand for another 20-30 minutes. If you want it really, really shiny you can even go up to 1000, 2000, and 3000 grits, but I stopped at around the 600-800 level because I liked the chrome level that I had. Hope this helped. PM me with any questions.