PDA

View Full Version : Gauge on RTs?

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 12:00 AM
Hey on RTs you know the gauge on the side?
http://www.paintballbliss.com/images/myrt.jpg
how do you get it there? Where is it tapped into? Just want to know if i can do that on a Classic without buy a RT rail, bod, sear pin yada yada yada thx!
http://www.paintballbliss.com/images/rtboa2.jpg

PyRo
08-23-2002, 06:01 AM
You cannot do that to any gun but an RT. The RT's had 6 holes in the rail for air hoses. One was the input, the rest were yours to have fun with. They came with screws in them so you didn't shoot air all over. They stopped doing it, because noone could ever think of a use for them besides a gauge.

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
oooo, i missed all the fun. Well what about an air assit?

Dayspring
08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
You'd also need to buy an RT valve b/c the new Retro valves have air go directly into them, whereas the RT valve has air come in through the Banjo bolt.

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 12:15 PM
whats this Banjo Bolt?

cphilip
08-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
whats this Banjo Bolt?

Its a modified field strip screw with orings...

PyRo
08-23-2002, 02:20 PM
The RT has gas go in though the body rail. It gets to the valve through the field strip screw. The RT pro takes in air that same way the regular valve does. The RT has no parts which are compatible with other markers save the grip frame. The RT pro, you can actually put a classic valve in there if you wanted, and put the valve into a classic.

speedyejl
08-23-2002, 02:28 PM
i think I sorta get it sorta

TransMan
08-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
The RT has gas go in though the body rail. It gets to the valve through the field strip screw. The RT pro takes in air that same way the regular valve does. The RT has no parts which are compatible with other markers save the grip frame. The RT pro, you can actually put a classic valve in there if you wanted, and put the valve into a classic.
Well most of what you said was right but the grip has a bigger hole in the back for the banjo bolt. You could use it on a regular mag but it might move around on ya. You would also have to cut the back off an RT body to use a classic valve or a retro because the RT valve is a little smaller.

PyRo
08-23-2002, 04:09 PM
The wider hole problem can be fixed with a spacer.