PDA

View Full Version : Who says Shatner never held a paintball gun?

hitmanng
08-23-2002, 12:54 AM
Check this out:
http://woogus.com/other/paintball/shatner/paintball_cali_cropped.jpg

http://woogus.com/other/paintball/shatner/paintball_cali_cropped_2.jpg

Hitmanng

Thordic
08-23-2002, 08:16 AM
You know, it never fails to amaze me how good he looks considering his age.

I mean, honestly, for a what, 71 year old? he looks damn good.

Granted, plastic surgery probably helped him out, and he has a gut and all, but I think hes holding up pretty damn well.

He still will never beat Banana George though!!! :)

davej946
08-23-2002, 08:45 AM
In the 2<sup>nd</sup> pic, the guy on the right with the cocker has no barrel plug! :rolleyes:

And neither does he guy standing right NEXT TO THE BABY! :D

Later ~ Dave

shartley
08-23-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by davej946
In the 2<sup>nd</sup> pic, the guy on the right with the cocker has no barrel plug! :rolleyes:

And neither does he guy standing right NEXT TO THE BABY! :D

Later ~ Dave
...they are not the only ones....

davej946
08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by shartley

...they are not the only ones....

True, but i 1st noticed the guy front right, and I just had to point out the guy RIGHT NEXT TO THE BABY! :D

Dave

OnyX
08-23-2002, 11:20 AM
i bet you 1 of them guys is darkstorm :eek:

Wc Keep
08-23-2002, 11:44 AM
is it me or does it look like shatner is holding a mag with 16 inch boomstick.

TRIAD
08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Where're their warp feeds?

Dayspring
08-23-2002, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it shows him holding it. But does anybody have a pic of him playing? I think not.

"Shatner can't play with anything but a phaser."

Case Closed :D

Minimag4me
08-23-2002, 04:15 PM
The pink spot on his right arm leads me to believe he played at least one game(maybe with a phaser, i dont know:)).

obsolete898
08-23-2002, 08:31 PM
HOLY POOP!! Alot of those guys play at my field. I wonder where that pic was taken.

I'll do a full scale investagation tomorrow.

Edit: After looking through the website I found out that it is one of the guys in the pic's site. He's from Albuerque. My guess is it's the guy on the right in the camo (the chubby one). If so I know him (reffed and played in his private party) and I can get the scoop on what happened with old Mr. Hooker.

pbguy888
08-24-2002, 12:58 PM
brrr is it cold out out there or just him....;)

Arturus
08-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898
HOLY POOP!! Alot of those guys play at my field. I wonder where that pic was taken.

I'll do a full scale investagation tomorrow.

Edit: After looking through the website I found out that it is one of the guys in the pic's site. He's from Albuerque. My guess is it's the guy on the right in the camo (the chubby one). If so I know him (reffed and played in his private party) and I can get the scoop on what happened with old Mr. Hooker.

That is my field.

lol - Well, not exactly. It is my home field though. The one I visit almost every weekend. Several of those guys are refs at the field. I never knew Shatner visited there.

I'm officially known as the "Mag" guy by the refs. Impressed more than a few of them with the lvl 10 lately, and several are very interested in the Extreme. (Who isn't?)

I'll have to go ask them about Shatner this weekend!

For those near L.A, the field's Conquest. On most days I prefer it to SC and Tombstone. The refs are great and they don't sell cheap paint for ridiculous prices to walkons, which makes the experience greater for first timers.

mumbles000
08-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Thats one old guy id like to shoot.

Dayspring
08-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Then, under that rationale, if you look at everybody else, they are clean- no hits. He got hit. Means he sucks. ;) Where's Spock when you need him?!

Originally posted by Minimag4me
The pink spot on his right arm leads me to believe he played at least one game(maybe with a phaser, i dont know:)).

Mike Smith
08-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Arturus, what's the deal with the idiots that do not have barrel plugs or barrel socks in that picture? Is Conquest that lax about safety? How many people have lost their eyesight at Conquest?

OnyX, if you want to see a Texan rip you up one side and down another, walk around our area without a barrel plug or sock. We are, by Nature, arrogant, egotistical, obnoxious know-it-alls, and we don't have any problem letting anyone know that. Threaten our eyesight, and we REALLY get obnoxious!

personman
08-24-2002, 06:33 PM
He reminds me of santa clause :(

Minimag4me
08-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Funny, i see at least 3 other people with hits...but yea they were either on his team or he just didnt shoot them or they let him shoot them(probably).

Arturus
08-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Mike Smith
Arturus, what's the deal with the idiots that do not have barrel plugs or barrel socks in that picture? Is Conquest that lax about safety? How many people have lost their eyesight at Conquest?

OnyX, if you want to see a Texan rip you up one side and down another, walk around our area without a barrel plug or sock. We are, by Nature, arrogant, egotistical, obnoxious know-it-alls, and we don't have any problem letting anyone know that. Threaten our eyesight, and we REALLY get obnoxious!

Honestly, I can't give you a reason for the lack of barrel plugs. (nor an excuse) Whenever I've visited, the refs are very strict about safety and so am I. If anyone is seen without a barrel plug or a mask on at appropriate times, they are made an example of. The second or third warning (depending on situation) they're off the field. They also have on field chronoing procedures for extra measures of safety.

If you do a quick search on my past posts, on the topic of safety, you'll quickly see I'm rather uptight when it comes to that. There's no excuse when it comes to the rules. Be it masks or chronoing your marker at appropriate speeds.

Mike Smith
08-25-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks, Arturus! That's the type of response I was hoping for. All of us from Texas are hoping that we have a ton of "stand-up" players at this event. That will make it a GREAT experience!

Just thinking out loud........ Borg do adapt, so I was thinking that arms, legs, and gun hits should not count on the Borg, ONLY! (that would be from the shoulder seam of the jersey to the end of the fingers, from the first "daylight" observed between the legs on down, and any gun hit.)

Seems only fair to me. After all, we will have around 40 Texans on the Federation side. (Klingons?? Who cares.....)
We need something to sorta even out the severe discrepancy the Borg will experience with their lack of Texans.....:p