PDA

View Full Version : Need flatline help quick!!!

Moats
08-23-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm sending my flatline out to get hydro tested. Do i need to put the silver mount thing on the front for it to work. When i got the tank back from AGD it didn't have it on there. Does the tank work without the thing on front

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 12:06 PM
if you are talking about the mount clamp then no you do not need it on, if you are talking about the locking nut then no you do not need it on there; all you really need to get the tank hydroed is the tank itself, you don't need the reg on it, they just take it off and hook the bottle(tank) up to the tester and then fill it with water and test how much it expands

Moats
08-23-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks i was talking aobut the mounting thing. Thanks

Tron
08-23-2002, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LawFox32
if you are talking about the mount clamp then no you do not need it on, if you are talking about the locking nut then no you do not need it on there; all you really need to get the tank hydroed is the tank itself, you don't need the reg on it, they just take it off and hook the bottle(tank) up to the tester and then fill it with water and test how much it expands [/QUOTE

I thought hydro tested ment they put it under water so if it explodes it doesn't do any damage.

-Tron

cwuchu
08-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I believe the hydro-testers fill the tanks to 2-3 times the rated pressure of the tank for a few seconds just to make sure it can hold the working pressure easily. They do this underwater to make sure nothing gets pierced by flying pieces of metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber, or any other material used in the construction of the tank were it to blow up from the testing.

LawFox32
08-23-2002, 07:06 PM
are you sure b/c when I got my bottle rehydroed, I came in a few hours after they tested it and the guy said it was not ready yet because the inside had to dry before they put the reg back on, but maybe you are right, I always thought that they filled it with water

Pand0ra
08-24-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by cwuchu
Yeah, I believe the hydro-testers fill the tanks to 2-3 times the rated pressure of the tank for a few seconds just to make sure it can hold the working pressure easily. They do this underwater to make sure nothing gets pierced by flying pieces of metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber, or any other material used in the construction of the tank were it to blow up from the testing.

They don't make it underwater.

They fill the bottle with water because the water doesn't expand like a gas.
If something breaks, there's no explosion, just a leakage.

@++

LawFox32
08-24-2002, 07:10 AM
!!wOOt!!

Emagster
08-24-2002, 10:07 AM
the test to see if your tank blows up? that aint very nice. What if they mess up and it does explode? you gotta buy another tank?

xmetal2001
08-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah, but if it fails you dont want to be using that tank anyway. If it expands too much they will usually drill a hole in the bottom too.

Tron
08-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Emagster
the test to see if your tank blows up? that aint very nice. What if they mess up and it does explode? you gotta buy another tank?

They figure since they saved your life and the lifes of people in a 10ft radius around you its even steven.

-Tron

Gitaroo Man
08-24-2002, 03:14 PM
they just pump it with water and if it explodes your screwed...lol