PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning an Automag

Shirow
08-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Just got an Automag - does someone have a link to the best way to clean it after every game? Is it easy to take apart etc? (I haven't dared yet.) Someone told me to oil it, I can just put some oil in the same place I screw my tank into and dry fire it a few times - is it wise?

Thanks for any advice.

Dayspring
08-23-2002, 01:21 PM
To be honest, unless you break paint, a small wipe down of the outside is all you need. Breaking paint, however, means you should take it apart at least to the point where you can clean the bolt. (Very simple).

As for oiling it- 3-4 drops of oil in the ASA, gas up, cycle it about 20 times w/o a barrel (to prevent oil buildup) and you're g2g.

Thank you for flying Dayspring airlines, I hope you enjoyed your flight. :D

BajaBoy
08-23-2002, 01:52 PM
only reason u might need to take it apart is to clean the reg seat, pt oring.. both sypmole to do.

PyRo
08-23-2002, 02:17 PM
No no no. Don't take teh valve halves apart. Every time you do, the reg seat will seal a little worse. Technically every time you take them apart you are supposed to repalce the reg seat. As far as cleaning it, I take everything apart, just for the sake of taking it apart :). All you need to do is whipe the outside. I would take out the valve though, and whipe it down, take the bolt off, clean the PT tube, and whipe the bolt, if you broke paint, wash the bolt off and let it dry before putting it on. Oil too :)

Shirow
08-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Seems kinda weird to put oil in the ASA to me though - wouldn't some get into the air tank?

HoppysMag
08-23-2002, 04:05 PM
no cause the tank has positive pressure that will push the oil through the line into the valve...

PyRo
08-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Unless the oil is going to pressurize itself, to more than 850 psi it isn't :). Also, if you have a quick disconnect, pro connect etc, its better to oil from there.

Shirow
08-23-2002, 04:14 PM
oh yeah, I'm dumb ;)

speedyejl
08-24-2002, 01:56 AM
Woop out that video that came with you mag. Get some popcorn mabey a note pad and pencil, pop the vid in the VCR and learn, LEARN!

Shirow
08-24-2002, 06:34 AM
Woop out that video that came with you mag. Get some popcorn mabey a note pad and pencil, pop the vid in the VCR and learn, LEARN!

I'd love to, but I don't have a VCR, only a DVD player ;p

I guess I need to go over to someones house.

speedyejl
08-24-2002, 10:22 AM
thats a little strange. We got 3 VCRs and 4 DVD players overe here which is also a little strange lol.

athomas
08-26-2002, 09:54 AM
After a hard day of playing, if my mag is covered in paint spray, I gas it up and hold it under a tap with running water. It cleans all the paint away and keeps water out of the internals.

Then I oil it before the next time I play by putting a few drops of oil in the quick disconnect at my valve. I have only replaced all my o-rings twice in 9 years of playing with my mag.