PDA

View Full Version : famous(or high profile players) you have played with?

EastAl
08-23-2002, 05:05 PM
i know this will date me as a player.
but i've played with Ron Kilbourne(my personal hero!), Phil Dominguez, Evan Money, Wes Wong, Jim Rieble(sp?), Mark Thompson(Marker Products, anyone?), Little Jon, and a bunch of guys who are probably better known now, than they were a few years ago.
i've had the pleasure of bunkering Bob Long a few times. i *EDIT* Since you are new here, this will be a gentle reminder to read the rules of the forum. We don't like any form of cursing here, including circumventing the filters. Army Eric Felix in front of a crowd of people once(that was funny cuz we were talkin smack back and forth, and he had just said, "Are you gonna shoot me, or just shut up?", and WHACK! gogg shot!).
we helped Bud Orr build a boat launch ramp on Lake Elsinore. i hung out with Earon Carter, at his house. sadly he had a heart attack later that day.

i knew so many people that were either already great, or on their way to being great. and i left all of it behind. i can honestly say that paintball was, and is my first true love. and i can't wait to get back into it!

all i need no, is another gun. but, i won't tell you guys what it is i'm getting! hehe :p

later, Al

bornl33t
08-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Well thanks for sharing, but what are we supposed to do about it? I think I'm going to go make a shrine for you now, the paintball god. :rolleyes:

EastAl
08-23-2002, 06:15 PM
dick, it was a simple question. i am curious, not trying to brag.

but, you can still build your shrine to me if you want!:D

sk8dood
08-23-2002, 06:26 PM
*hands cookie to EastAl*

Army
08-23-2002, 08:20 PM
This is Justin Berfeild, star of Malcolm in the Middle, and me at Urban Quest in Ventura Ca.

bigsarge72
08-23-2002, 11:43 PM
This should really date me, but I've played against: GBD, Aftershock, Navarone, AA, and played some rec ball with Kevin from Bob Long's Ironmen in Caly. This was back when the NPPL was a Pro/AM format.

sarge

Zumina
08-24-2002, 01:15 AM
I've had the opportunity to play with Oh Pawlawk at Predator Paintball in CA. Suffice to say, his flannel shirts are REALLY nice!

EastAl
08-24-2002, 03:32 AM
sarge, i remember playing alot of those teams, when i played AM, on the GWS. you didn't happen to play in the Carter Classic in Vegas, in '98(i think it was that year). i remember playing a team from Hawaii, and was just curious(seeing as how you've played alot of the old school west coast teams).

Zumina, i never got to play with Oh. i met him once. that ad that got ran in the back of APG used to bug the crap outta me(him, and the girl. same ad for like 5 years).

sk8dood, Mmmmmmmm, cookie

sk8dood
08-24-2002, 08:37 AM
*ROFL* Good one EastAl!

oldsoldier
08-24-2002, 09:41 AM
sarge, you think thats dated; I played with/against the Bushmasters in 90, i think it was...they were up in the Seattle area, and played at our local field.

EastAl
08-24-2002, 01:21 PM
oldsoldier, Bushwho? hahahaha!!!

what about Kamikazi Shooters? with the original Desert Duck w/quick change CO2 button? **CLICK**PISSHHH**ZIINNNGGGG!!!!!**

now thats old school!!!

Hemlock86
08-24-2002, 08:06 PM
Ive played with Wingman and Obsolete.......thats as famous as they get, lol.

ShooterJM
08-25-2002, 12:33 PM
In a few weeks I'm going to play with hemlock and obsolete...

Seriously...I am!

Nah played against Fury once. Boy that was fun. Got ripped apart.

davidb
08-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Played/spoke with Bob and Zach Long and Rich Telford at Rich's field in Modesto, CA (30 minute drive).

mike e
08-25-2002, 04:54 PM
played with glenn palmer and blue from EMR

Thordic
08-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Hmm...

I played against Amy Low and Bill Mills, I think thats about it. If I played with anyone else well-known, no one told me :)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Got to play a couple of games with Keely Watson and the kids from Dynasty...

banzaimf
08-26-2002, 12:18 PM
used to practice with UK preds. Played against some of the original guys from Strange (was asked to play memphis 96 with them). Nobody really famous or important really....

Halliday
08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
I played against some guy from Slipknot one time. I don't know who exactly he was because:

1) I don't follow the band.
2) He was wearing a mask, a paintball mask :)

EastAl
08-26-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
I played against some guy from Slipknot one time. I don't know who exactly he was because:

1) I don't follow the band.
2) He was wearing a mask, a paintball mask :)

oh, i know who you're talking about. i thnik his name is #3! hahahahahahaha

they were always trying to get celebrities to play at SC when i worked there. but, none ever showed.

Doobie
08-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I played against the Wild Geese of New Hampshire in 1988 when they were using Phantoms. I had a Bushmaster (The original was a pump, yung'uns!)

I feel all old and crusty now.