PDA

View Full Version : paintballgateway.com (Check It products)

Magic37220
08-23-2002, 07:12 PM
yeah dont ever buy from paintballgateway.com :

i called them and told them specifically that i wanted to order a silver ir3 WITH an optical trigger- they told me they were out of stock and that the next ones in would be in about 2-3 weeks and would be brand new (meaning that they would probably have the optical trigger). so i decided to place my order for the silver ir3 online, expecting it to be backordered, so i would wait for the optical trigger. well, the next day they say my gun (sans optical trigger) is shipped. they got it from an associate, and it most likely is older and doesnt have the trigger.
i ask if i can send the gun back if it doesnt have the optical trigger, and they say "sure, but at a 25% restocking fee (which adds up to $325)". so now im stuck with a trigger i dont want, that i told them i dont want, and they wont take it back, even though i havent gotten it yet.

i just hope WDP will upgrade it for free or something.

the guy on the phone with me was a total a** and their customer service sucks.

alt01
08-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Just get ahold of a manager and explain the situation, have all of your information handy and whatever you do DO NOT get pissed at anyone on the phone.

Believe me, they want the business of people who spend a lot of money. With a little talking you should be able to get an exchange or at least no restocking fee.

FrAuStY
08-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Or... just refuse the delivery (Return to sender)....and they will be unable to charge you for the gun! Then if they do charge you and you have not signed for the gun..you can sue them for charging without goods being delivered! Thats what I'd do. :)

BajaBoy
08-23-2002, 07:57 PM
yea man, your doing nothing wrong and if i got all that strait.. they sent u what u didnt order and wont take it back.. u can take them to court and get all the guns u want:) lol not sure about that one but if u do hook me up jk.. i have a leaky crossfire tank.. (reg leaked bad) and they said u filled it, u cant return it. Then i called crossfire and they sent me a new one.

anyway there ***holes

TRIAD
08-23-2002, 08:07 PM
They can't give you something you didn't order. Now, talk to them, and get it worked out. Be nice, and be courteous. If that doesn't work, refuse to receive the package. If they still try something funny, get mean. Better Business Bureau, etc.

Magic37220
08-23-2002, 10:24 PM
alt01- yeah the guy i talked to WAS the manager (can you believe it?...)

frausty- thats a really good idea and i just might try it

bajaboy- that sucks alot man sorry

alt01
08-23-2002, 11:32 PM
If he was the manager then talk to the owner and let him know the names of all the people you talked to before and what they told you. If he's smart at all he'll get you what you want and probably throw in free shipping or something as well. If they're still determined that you have to take it then just do what everyone said and refuse the package saying it isn't what you ordered, nothing they can do but take it back.

Jonno06
08-24-2002, 12:18 PM
yea,i totally agree with Frausty on this one,send it back,then order a silver iR3 with opti trigger somewhere else..