PDA

View Full Version : Do Mags Lob?

GuyIncognito
08-24-2002, 10:22 AM
I have been shooting my automag for about 7 months and i don't really have anything else to compare it to so i don't know if all paintball guns do this. I dunno knoe if its just me but it seems to lob the ball to get it where it needs to go. I always have to kind of crank up my velocity to get the distance that i want. I was just wondering if this is how a paintball gun works or if its just how the mag works...?

Jonno06
08-24-2002, 10:32 AM
my retro minimag only lobs when my velocity is wicked low,or im almost out of air...

Muzikman
08-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Umm..when you say you havew to crank the velocity up, what do you mean? How fast is it shooting? I sure hope you are using a Chrono.

xmetal2001
08-24-2002, 11:22 AM
All paintball markers will lob the same amount at the same velocity unless its putting some kind of spin on the ball(Tippman Flatline, Zbody for a mag)

Emagster
08-24-2002, 04:26 PM
well, you'll always have to crank the velocity up to get the distance you want. Thats just the way paintball guns are made.

AcemanPB
08-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by GuyIncognito
I have been shooting my automag for about 7 months and i don't really have anything else to compare it to so i don't know if all paintball guns do this. I dunno knoe if its just me but it seems to lob the ball to get it where it needs to go. I always have to kind of crank up my velocity to get the distance that i want. I was just wondering if this is how a paintball gun works or if its just how the mag works...?

all guns will have the SAME trajectory, given they are shooting at the same FPS

of course the two exceptions would be the flatline and Z-body mag

GuyIncognito
08-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Are the flatline and z-body worth the money? They seem to be Pretty Expensive (at least for me) but do they get enough distance to be woth the cash and what about the accuracy?

AcemanPB
08-24-2002, 05:55 PM
flatlines are only for tippman and some autocockers

z-bodies are only for mags

i've only had experience with the flatline, and i didn't really like, if your going to play speedball i would not recomend it

HoppysMag
08-24-2002, 06:23 PM
flat lines can be verry picky... if not done right it will mess you accuracy up HORRRIBLY!!! ( well my friends did)