PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve not working help

boomerfoxtrot
08-24-2002, 02:11 PM
my RT valve seems to not work right... first off, with the benchmark 2x frame I kept short stroking it, and then if would skip on me (I'ld pull the trigger and get slow release of air, not the pop) ... then I tried the Z-Grip.. when I pull the trigger it would go fully auto on me for 2 seconds...!! I can't play like that, I would chop to much... I tried different trigger rod lenghts, then I put my other valve on (I have two mags) and it works fine...

is there something wrong with my RT valve? it is like it doesn't catch on the way back...

`

boomerfoxtrot
08-24-2002, 02:58 PM
ok I just changed everything out, and put a single finger stock frame on. The gun catchs, but every now and then it doesn't like too. It's hard to fire once with the RT ... this is normal?

Havoc_online
08-24-2002, 02:59 PM
dont mess with your trigger rod length, move it back to exactly 1.98in and if it messes up then explain the problem again.

boomerfoxtrot
08-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I did... I ment to say... I just bought 3 sear sets.. rods and all... my old one, I changed, the new ones I haven't touched... I put it in the gun... and the same thing..

it's like I'm not letting it recharge but with the RT valve I thought it would cut that out... and I get a lot of volicity drop while firing.... maybe I should send my RT valve into AGD?

BlackVCG
08-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Check your on/off pin length. It sounds like you need a pin that's slightly shorter than the one you have right now. Give AGD a call and tell them the problem.

Remington
08-24-2002, 03:56 PM
I'm definetly no expert, but it sounds to me like either the sear or the bolt on the valve have been worn down and no longer have "sharp" edges. Did you buy the ReTro new or used? If new then I'd send it in to AGD.

boomerfoxtrot
08-25-2002, 06:14 PM
The sear is new, the springs are new, the bolt is new, it's be taken apart and cleaned, and works fine, but it just doens't respond like it should... I think I'm going to order a new on/off Assembly.

BlackVCG
08-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Don't order a new on/off assembly. Just call AGD and order some shorter pins. Your's is probably .750" and it probably needs a .745" or .740". Just call them and tell them the problem. They'll take care of you.

boomerfoxtrot
08-25-2002, 07:28 PM
ok... I'll do... but ... it's SUNDAY! ...