PDA

View Full Version : SFL, or Extreme CnC?¿?

magman007
08-24-2002, 05:11 PM
OK, i know this is one of the more asked questions, and i feel like a newb re asking it. I have searched, and came up with nothing i am happy with. I would like to here from the sfl/extreme owners. This means you load, kiluakid, johnny bravo, spreying mango, wyn, manike, pandora, and so fourth. I have the option to buy a used sfl right now, or put in a pre order for an extreme. I kno that the extreme is lighter by like a few ounces, but that doesnt bother me. II also was told by the seller that it is ready for the free ace upgrade. Could some one please tell me if it is also ready to get a free or cheeper aluminum valve? if not it is no biggie, as i planed to buy one later. Keep in mind that my e-mag is down right now, i am in chile. and i want to show the word that is agd. I also like the more industrial look ove the swooshie look of the extreme cnc. Kinda like doc martens over nike. Manike, i still salute you tho on an amazing job. It already has lvl 10 instaled. i just would like to hear any reason on why i should A. wait b. buy trhe sfl, or c buy the extreme. please, i am looking for cold hard evidence.

Pand0ra
08-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Honestly the only difference between the markers is the look. That's all.

The weight difference is low between them, the features are the same once the SFL is upgraded, ...
The only difference is the new aluminium valve, but except for the look and a small difference of weight it doesn't change anything.
I don't think there's a free upgrade of the valve. This is a new whole think.

I say go with the one you like the most.

@++

spacemanspiff
08-24-2002, 05:46 PM
I agree there the same marker accept for the milling. Now the extreme will come with everything alreahy set up(lvl10 and ace) the SFL you want has lvl10 but no ace yet. As long as you have one or the other your good but having both would be sweet. Now the next run of SFLs are going to have a different milling then the current ones if ya wanna wait that long. One other thing is if you get the extreme you can get a warp breech or low rise. The current SFLs dont have those available yet but they should soon. Well I hope this helps alittle.

magman007
08-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Well, i think you both, and i hope to hear more. MY current thing is that shocktech scares me. I love the sfl milling now, but i wonder if i will like the next batch. Some of their stuff can get kinda freaky or not up my alley. Also as i stated, i love the look of the sfl now. As for the no rise, i plan to do what i saw load do and streach my revy kneck over the feed tube. and if that doesnot suit me, i will find something else.

Please tell me how durable they are. Im verry anal about my e-mag. like to the point where a scratch can really get to me. It serriously (when not in pieces like it is now) sits ona pillow, or up on my wall.

How is the annodizing on the sfl? Bueno? is it nice and tough? or kinda like the wdp jobs where it will come off after a little while. also, please post your sfl pictures. I have never seen a silver sfl before, and im pretty excited. out of all i have seen ,i think loads captures my heart the most. that beautiful light pewter color amazes
me. At first i thought it was silver! any ways, please i appreciate everything.

EDIT: can i ask how load has a wapr breach in this thread ???? http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44973&highlight=sfl

2000Sabre
08-24-2002, 07:29 PM
I own an SFL and to be honest I wasn't very happy with the way it worked when I first got it. I even went out and bought an IR3 because I couldn't seem to make the SFL reliable However, since most of my previous ills have been rectified I absolutely love the thing. I just received my free level 10 upgrade and once it's in it will be a paint slinging machine. I'm also anxious to get the free ACE upgrade and the Warp breach. Then it will be what I really want. I think the only reason to go with the SFL is you can have it now. CnC Extremes are going to be awhile before they're readily available. Here's picture of my purple SFL. Not most peoples color choice but I think it looks great. LOL

spacemanspiff
08-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Heres mine its the exact twin of Loads:p well there are some differences. I run it no-rise with a Halo-B(modified it alittle to fit that way).

magman007
08-24-2002, 07:51 PM
hey those are sweet. I told the person that i would buy it, all i need to kno is where to send the money. I must ask, what all upgrades will come to us sfl owners? im assuming ace (lvl 10 it already has in it) what about the new on /off switch, will agd install that? and the aluminum valve? not that i could really care about the al valve, i kinda like knowing that it is stainless steel under all that pressure! Im also assuming that the warp breaches will be extra? also, where can you gut the various feed adapters of i decide the hoper over the feed tebe with a hose clamp isnt my fortay? Does any one else have any comments on the extreme?

manike
08-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
Honestly the only difference between the markers is the look. That's all.

The weight difference is low between them, the features are the same once the SFL is upgraded, ...
The only difference is the new aluminium valve, but except for the look and a small difference of weight it doesn't change anything.
I don't think there's a free upgrade of the valve. This is a new whole think.

I say go with the one you like the most.

@++

I agree with Pandora, ultimately it's down to looks, and I don't mind if you prefer the SFL over the C&C ;)

If you buy a second hand SFL you may need to send it in to get all the upgrades and bells and whistles. If you buy the C&C it will come with them all.

Once you get it set up it is truely a stunning marker. ACE and level 10 do work together to make the fastest, easiest on paint, marker that there is.

It's hard to put into words how much I enjoy using mine :)

manike

magman007
08-24-2002, 08:10 PM
thats great!

does any one have any answers to what bells and whistles will be added? i mean, it isnt a big deal as i said before, because i am olny stepin up from a stock e-mag so im lookin for the same performance. It will be may by the time i can send it in for all the bells and whistles any ways unless you guys make an AGD south america! lol

manike
08-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Bells and whistles you can get added to the SFL = level 10 and ACE.

I believe the current USA ACE comes with on/off switch also as per the new C&C's.

Ultimately the only thing you would be missing over the SFL would be the ally valve... but hey you have an extra 5 ounces to make you feel better ;) (three ounces due to valve and two ounces due to milling)

What more do you want ? ;)

manike

magman007
08-24-2002, 08:24 PM
what more do i want? the marker in my hands right now! lol!!! hey 5 ounces doesnt bother me one bit. and if i want an aly valve, well il do a go retro program with the retro i have now. Also, isnt it cool to be some what old skool? Also, can you tell me how the power switch works? I was under the impression that it replaced the yellow key. Does it just tun the ACE off? again, the yellow key does not bother me one bit, and i can live with it for a few months.

Can you guys tell me if there is any thing i should know? like how to adjust the detent and so on. any thing extra i need to take care of? also, i feel boomy´s are over rated, but did you think it was a nice barrel? i really appreciate everything.

manike
08-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by magman007
Also, can you tell me how the power switch works

You push it one way and the gun is on, you push it the other way and it's not :) hehehe

I'm not certain but I believe it cuts off the power to the board so you no longer need the yellow pin.

I don't think you will need to adjust the detent.

I thoroughly recomend using a proconnect or air system that allows you to bleed the air from the valve.

Boomies are good looking barrels but shoot no better than many others. Pick something that you like the looks of. I have CP kits and a freak and find matching the bores to be a small advantage when it comes to consistency and efficieny but nothing to write home about.

manike

magman007
08-24-2002, 10:15 PM
hey thanx manike, i appreciate everything, its wierd to talk to you, its so late for you! im thinkin of lookin into the set load has, personally i like it better, but again manike knows best, so il look into both. it just seems a little awkward! I cant wait to get it, if i get it.... worse comes to worse, i pre order an extreme! hows the mnaik e-mag commin? when can we see some pics of her? i mean the secret project, not your magnificent cnc! HAHAHA any ways, thanks, i will deffinitely try to pick the sfl up.

ALL YOU OTHER SFL/EXTREME guys i wanna here from you!!!!

Load SM5
08-24-2002, 11:41 PM
What did you want to know? They pretty much covered it all. That's what I get for going away for the afternoon.:D As far as the barrels go, I like my boomy, and had to go ahead and get it because it was annoed to match and All-Stars(my favortie field paint) shoots really well through them. I went with the Edge kit over the CP kit because I just like the looks better, and I found a good deal. If you have a bead on a SFL, I'd pick it up. Mine has been great and with the level 10 I could'nt be happier.

magman007
08-24-2002, 11:42 PM
NO other sfl /extreme guys? i still havnt herd from , terry bones, johnny bravo, killa, p4unk, wyn, mango, and so on, please, pipe UP! even if some thing has been said, i still want to hear your personal pariase of the marker ok?

edit, load had to make me lok funny by posting on top of me

magman007
08-24-2002, 11:45 PM
load, i dunno what it is! i was just told silver sfl, he is workin on pics, i plan to get it, even if it is in crappy condition (i doubt it, who wouldnt take magnificent condition of it?) im hopin for a silver dust, but a nice shiney silver would be nice too!

edit, these were the pics o could find of one, sad thing is you can tel it is just added to a previous color, its one of those scroolover and color me thingss, but it looks god enough to eat! http://www.buyshocktech.com/images/shock/marker_full_emag_silver.jpg and.....http://www.buyshocktech.com/images/shock/marker_emag_silver.jpg ho ho ho i cant wait!

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 03:20 AM
NO other sfl /extreme guys? i still havnt herd from , terry bones, johnny bravo, killa, p4unk, wyn, mango, and so on, please, pipe UP! even if some thing has been said, i still want to hear your personal pariase of the marker ok?

edit, load had to make me lok funny by posting on top of me

p4unk????

huh!
lol :D

Personally The extreme is the best and most enjoyable marker I've ever used. I love being able to rip without fear of chopping, the milling design is the best I've seen on any marker, I look at IR3's now and think they're fugly in comparison!
As for choosing between the SFL and the Extreme as has been said its down to looks if the little bit of extra weight doesn't bother you.
sounds like you've already made up your mind though :D

HTH,

Paul.
p.s. heres a lil pic just for comparative reasons :D :D :D

brian terry
08-25-2002, 08:24 AM
iv got the sfl emag and the c&c emag.i like them both .there is no diff in the way they shoot.my c&c has the on off button on the gun,as my sfl has the key.both guns have the ace and level 10.but with the level 10 i dont use the ace at all.as for the guns shooting and reliability i was playing a tourny last weekend.my teams was the only team not choping paint we did not drop and game or give up any points all day and won.the guns shoot great and as long as you take care of it the gun wont let you down. proper maintenance is the key to keeping any marker working.

shartley
08-25-2002, 08:39 AM
P4ULuk
I am going to have to say it again… Daddy Like!!!!

I like manike’s setup as well, but yours is just so clean. I love the simplicity of design and setup, and the contrasting black accessories. Mmmmmm Sweet goodness. It is just my style. I liked the SFL set up the same way.

And honestly, I like both the SFL and the C&C but for slightly different reasons. The SFL has some harder lines, but not “edgy”. It has more of a slick yet utilitarian look to me… very tough, yet stylish. And the C&C has the sweeping curves that remind me of a motorcycle (crotch rocket) and a Corvette (older models) combined.

And adding a low rise and Halo B to them is IMHO super slick. I love the Warp Feed (and push it to players who I feel will benefit from it more than the average player), and I may even get one at some point, but for me and my *rec* play, a motorized hopper is all I have ever needed. My Revy works fine on my RT Pro, but I admit that for the C&C and SFL, their looks almost cry for the smooth lines of the Halo B (and that has nothing to do with loading speeds for me, because like I said, I have never had a problem with my 12V Revy w/X board).

I would not turn away either of these fine markers. Of course, I STILL love my RTP, and Kim even wants one. :D But I know beauty when I see it, and am not afraid to let the world know… ;)

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by shartley
P4ULuk
I am going to have to say it again… Daddy Like!!!!

I like manike’s setup as well, but yours is just so clean. I love the simplicity of design and setup, and the contrasting black accessories. Mmmmmm Sweet goodness. It is just my style. I liked the SFL set up the same way.

I too am in awe of it! Good work manike... damn good work!! Not sure who AGDe use for ano but they really did do a damn fine job!

As I've said before I had the choice between this and an IR3, the Angel woulda cost me alot less.... I'm happy with my choice!!!! :D :D

Thanks again for your comments.

Paul.

magman007
08-25-2002, 12:13 PM
sorry about the name!!! i thought there was an L in there some where, but iw asnt shure where! hahaha sorry man. I too must say, daddy likes, but after lookin at loadsm5´s setup, i think i have to go sfl, but as i said if it falls through, thee will be apre order there waiting for me, and a pretty blue fade along with it! Now, i have to ask, should i go al clear accessories, or go blue accessories? haha had to throw that up. i like contrasting blue, but with a straight, almost business like look of that sfl, im thinkin i should almost keep everything clear. i already have clear grip panels from load, and clear/chrome accessories are not hard to find!!!

ALSO i still wanna hear from the rest of you guys, tell me what you like, any troubles ever incountered, even if they were in the past, PLEase post pictures of your whole setup if you have em. I really appreciate it, and hopefully i will be in the modular family soon!

CenterFire
08-25-2002, 04:47 PM
Clear sounds like it would look nicer on the silver SFL (IMO). Good luck with the marker.

magman007
08-25-2002, 04:52 PM
ha ha thank you, i am waiting for the seler to contact me again. im ready to buy, i just hope he gets my e-mails soon!

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 04:59 PM
ha ha thank you, i am waiting for the seler to contact me again. im ready to buy, i just hope he gets my e-mails soon!

As was said good luck I hope you get it soon, the performance of these babies is incredible!! :D :D

Paul.

magman007
08-25-2002, 05:06 PM
thank you P4uluk, im sitting here watching my in box, waiting for an e-mail saying i can send the money, that i can purchase that piece of artwork... its verry nerve wracking. ahh! also, cna i ask you waht your name maens? or how to pronuonce it?? its really wierd! hahaha

P4ULuk
08-25-2002, 05:33 PM
thank you P4uluk, im sitting here watching my in box, waiting for an e-mail saying i can send the money, that i can purchase that piece of artwork... its verry nerve wracking. ahh! also, cna i ask you waht your name maens? or how to pronuonce it?? its really wierd! hahaha

ok, Basically P4UL = PAUL and uk well, I'm from the UK. :D

But 'Paul's' fine :)

Paul.
:D

magman007
08-25-2002, 06:06 PM
ahhh thats what i thought, then i thought P for U LUK and i didnt kno if that was some wierd english tradition i hadnt herd of. Lol any ways, thanx for all your help. I just hope the seller gets back to me soon! and i hope it is in working order! hey, worse comes to worse, i send it to agd before i ask my parents to ship the marker down here to chile!

SlipknotX556
08-25-2002, 06:17 PM
So what are you getting SFL? I havent read most of the thread.

magman007
08-25-2002, 06:46 PM
im getting the sfl if te seller gets back to me! im so excited!

SlipknotX556
08-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Thats cool. Im getting the extreme upgrade if I can get enough money to get it shipped from europe.

magman007
08-25-2002, 10:14 PM
well, thank you every body, but now neither is comming, or atleast not for a while. Some complications with my parrents, some missunderstandings, and alot of arguing has cost me the option to buy the sfl. Also, i will not be able to pre order an extreme till the end of september at the earliest, i say earliest because that is the earliest i can sell my e-mag. and there are a bunch of things i dont want to get into because it is just going to make me out to be a crying little ritch boy. so, thank you all, Paul, when i pre order, im opting for a fade just like that, hopefully you will see it as a compliment!

P4ULuk
08-26-2002, 03:56 AM
Paul, when i pre order, im opting for a fade just like that, hopefully you will see it as a compliment!
:)

Hope you manage to sort thing's out mate!

Paul.