PDA

View Full Version : MAGS and MARKET trends

magman007
08-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Ok, i got to thinkin, and realized that mags start alot of the market trends. first off, no body ever tried as hard as they do now to out shoot a retro valve, let alone do it without measurable shoot down. i find that pretty cool.

Pewter annodizing. Pewter wsnt a verry popular color till the sfl came out. then it really became al the rage. Granted i have seen some 2k1 and 2k angels in pewter, but now every where i look pewter has been an option. Pandora, your pewter extreme is no exception, it is beautiful.

Intellifeed. Shure it has been around a while, but once the intelliframe came out, every one is doing it. even Hyper Air Sports has the i frame (i think that is too close to copyright infringement but it prolly isnt)

those are jsut a few, if you can think of any others post em

E==Mag MAN
08-24-2002, 08:23 PM
I know the most IMPORTANT one of all time so far.

SEMIAUTOMATIC markers:)

AcemanPB
08-24-2002, 08:49 PM
power feed?

mike e
08-24-2002, 08:52 PM
it was my understanding that glenn palmers "camille" was the first semi automatic and was the father to autocockers....agd may have made it mainstream though, im not sure i was about 5 when this was happening. as for intellifeed....it has always been pretty big in my area. hell i got a 97 PVI shocker that came with a STOCK intellifeed port! go figure. what i do give AGD credit for:
power feed
a truly usable force feed system

prolly a bunch of other stuff im forgetting but im tired and had a long day of football so give me a break!:D

magman007
08-24-2002, 08:54 PM
the automag was not the first true semi, or i do not believe. Also, the power feed, how could i be so blind as to forget that! also, dont forget the zgrip and the space frame!!!

rudy
08-24-2002, 09:06 PM
hey agd does start some good stuff but I dont think some of the ones you described are correct. pewter has been a popular color ever since they started offering many different guns in colors. long before the sfl in my area at least.

also im not sure who started intellifeed but I thought it was done on angels since the led.

Cristobal
08-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Lets not forget HPA... like in the tech video:cool:

Raptor3359
08-24-2002, 09:35 PM
theres a thread in the Historic Posts about what they did first.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1532

magman007
08-24-2002, 09:50 PM
yea, maybe i never noticed pewter before, but i never saw it being so popular till after the sfl, also, i knew about led intellifeed, but i didnt think it became as big of a rage to have until after the intelliframe, i dunno, just my personal observations

Restola
08-24-2002, 10:41 PM
I dont mean to be a party pooper, but some of the "trend-starter" things may have just started in "your world" with agd, but been quite popular in other places already.

I dunno, just seems kind of hard for someone so close to the 'mag world to be qualified to say how much of an impact these products have.

Just my opinion, not saying you are wrong, just that your perspective may prevent you from fully supporting your hypothesis.

magman007
08-25-2002, 12:07 AM
ha your right, oh well! hahaha bad thread created, we all have em dotn we?

Wc Keep
08-25-2002, 12:21 PM
the first to intellifeed was wdp and they were very popular way before the intelliframe came out. what agd did make a big rage about was intellifeeding a mechanical marker.

dansim
08-25-2002, 04:22 PM
agd didnt come up wioth the space frame i dont care what angle its at its the exact same angle as one of them there uzi's so dont be saying agd made it foo HEAD!

magman007
08-25-2002, 05:36 PM
hey hey hey, im sorry, i jsut remember the talk of wdp being interested in the zgrip idea and incorporating it into an angel, i understood that that was the out come, sorry, as i stated before thais was a bad thread,m and i made it on little sleep, im sorry