PDA

View Full Version : SFL Intimidator

MrMag
08-24-2002, 07:27 PM
that si right. shocktech is now making an sfl timmy. it is not for sale to the public yet, but as a proud gz owner, i cant wait, it is sooo perty i might have to change my gz in for one. anyway, here is a pic of one.

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/Coverage/AC2002/shock.jpg

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-24-2002, 07:30 PM
nice!!!! i might have to sell my 2k2 cnc angel, (just sent the m/o today!!) when those come out to get one!

nutz
08-24-2002, 08:10 PM
jebus, they have sFL everything now... an SFL bushy is comin out soon too

magman007
08-24-2002, 08:12 PM
whats next, the sfl spyder? but serriously, they area ll nice markers, well except the sfl engraved cocker sorta scares me

TRIAD
08-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Look at that dinky little Invision :eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone needs a bigger mask :rolleyes:

rudy
08-24-2002, 08:23 PM
could someone who has owned both a timmy and an angel please describe to me the difference you felt in the kick/recoil of the gun

CRiZO
08-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Wow that's sexy... I think i may mill my watch to look like that.

dio91
08-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Fully upgraded with orange oozing paint! :D

Still a phat gun

dio

magman007
08-24-2002, 10:18 PM
yea, i wonder what WAS has to say about that. Prolly "ï conpletely designed it and told dany love to make it" or... tie paint is oozing because it was shooting down so bad that the board tried to compensate and turned off the ace, or!!! the halo doesnt feed enough for the timmy, olny the WAS board for the revvy can fead it!

DiRTyBuNNy
08-25-2002, 12:08 AM
how come i'm the only one who thinks that looks like every other timmy out there..other than the really annoying shocktech milled in the side..(which i can't see..but with Shocktech it has to be there)

Cliffio
08-25-2002, 12:16 AM
u sure that isnt a dragon timmy??

looks like it

Cliff

spazzed
08-25-2002, 12:26 AM
I see what you mean cliff... Methinks it is a dragon timmy. I see the spike/stud things on the trigger-guard.

magman007
08-25-2002, 12:28 AM
cliff thats the same thing i thought, then i noticed it doesnt have the body ribbing like the dragon, or the annoying little red eye thingie. oh well.... they want 1000 for a shochtech bushie, that should be fun.... hahahaha

DiRTyBuNNy
08-25-2002, 12:42 AM
nope..it doesn't look to be a dragon..and with the new clamshell frames you can put whatever trigger guard you want so the dragon one is no big deal..

Gitaroo Man
08-25-2002, 12:44 AM
need to change pants

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-25-2002, 01:25 AM
I see timmy's breaking paint all the time. All pictures of any pro game has paint pouring out the from cockers, timmys, angels, ect. Yet, despite all this, mags are blenders. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhht!!

Jack & Coke
08-25-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
I see timmy's breaking paint all the time. All pictures of any pro game has paint pouring out the from cockers, timmys, angels, ect. Yet, despite all this, mags are blenders. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhht!!

You do realize there's a difference between a gun breaking paint in the breech, and paint breaking on the barrel because of the wrong size?

Most pro's size their paint so that it's snug to the point which you can blow it out of the barrel with your mouth right? Well what do you think happens if you push the window of "best" fit too close and you get a ball with dimensions just a wee bit too large? ...paint ozing out the barrel!

Everytime I have had paint ozing out of my GZ I unscrew my barrel to take a peek, and you know what? The breech is dry. I have never broken a ball in the breech of my GZ.

But I have had many balls break in my barrel.

Deftonius
08-25-2002, 03:10 AM
If you got a case of of absolutley PERFECT paint and had the perfect paint-to-bore match...The only balls you'd be breaking are the only set of balls that matter at the end of the day that belong to your opponent :D

Ov3rmind
08-25-2002, 11:53 AM
IMO, it looks like it'll shoot exactly like a Dragon or 2K2 Timmy, nothing to get excited about. I have to agree on one thing though, Shocktech sure loves to crank out their markers (E-Mag, Cocker, Bushmaster soon, and now the Timmy).

TRIAD
08-25-2002, 12:08 PM
What's this Bushy I hear of? I'm in the market for a nice inexpensive electro. If it's going to be the price of an EMag, however, it's not worth it.

Ityl
08-25-2002, 08:21 PM
paint will not ooze out of the barrel when a barrel break happens, only when you chop.

MrMag
08-25-2002, 09:21 PM
the sfl bushys cost 975, LOL. none of those are breach breaks guys. fools, anyway, i got to hold and play aorund with a gloss orange 2k2 today at my field..........I WANT ONE!!!

thecavemankevin
08-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ityl
paint will not ooze out of the barrel when a barrel break happens, only when you chop.

dude, how long have you been playing ball??? paint can and will still ooze out the end if it is a barrel break, especially if it is near the tip of the barrel.

KAPP667
08-25-2002, 10:23 PM
HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHA....

That is the SFL timmy, its modeled exactly like the 2k2 timmy, just lighter supposedly. Big disappointment to my friend who is a timmy guy.

Timmy's never chop paint, the only way to do that is use a like 9v revy and turn the eyes off. AS far as the paint, if any of you actually play tourneys you often have your gun pushing into the bunker if you are pinched in, there's just some paint at the end from that.

oh FYI thats todd adamson from aftershock, if no one posted that earlier...

MrMag
08-25-2002, 11:29 PM
gj kapp.

Cliffio
08-25-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by KAPP667
Timmy's never chop paint, the only way to do that is use a like 9v revy and turn the eyes off. AS far as the paint, if any of you actually play tourneys you often have your gun pushing into the bunker if you are pinched in, there's just some paint at the end from that.

RIGHT

i didnt know you could get paint in your porting from a bunker
:rolleyes:

why do people seem to believe that some gun doesnt chop paint, i dont care WHO you are or WHAT gun you have its gonna happen, and the reason that you see it alot of times in pro pics is because the paint they are shooting is 0-1 bounce paint

sorry guys but when you say your gun NEVER breaks your a liar, lots of times you shoot through it, other times you swab, in either case every gun will chop if the conditions are right, regardless

Toxic Dave
08-26-2002, 04:26 PM
First off, that's Billy Ceranski, not Todd.

Secondly, everything breaks paint sooner or later, my impulse almost never breaks paint, but in a torrential downpour while attempting to play a game it did quite a bit. mostly because of the pain getting wet while I loaded.

AC was rough on paint of all brands, I saw alot of people just wrecking paint of all brands in thier guns, my guess was humidity and heat hurt most of it a bit, who knows.

dave/ gzs

dropkick1
08-26-2002, 06:23 PM
yeah, that doe slook pretty much like a 2k2 timmy, just all shinny and stuff, which doesn't make it better, just prettier, oh well to each their own!

ken

thecavemankevin
08-26-2002, 09:15 PM
timmy's can and do chop (once in a while)

I have a classic with (l/p) timmy in addition to my mag and i have chopped a ball or two in my day. You can't say no gun will chop, just some are more prone to it than others.

pito189
08-27-2002, 06:28 AM
Someone post a picture of the SFL bushy for me. I have yet to see it.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-28-2002, 12:29 AM
here's a pic from Warpig from IAO of the shocktech bushy...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2002/techgallery/MVC-726S.jpg

Gitaroo Man
08-28-2002, 12:33 AM
thanks for the pic

pito189
08-28-2002, 07:09 AM
That bushy looks pretty good. Nice smooth flowing lines. Not to crazy about the color though.

billmi
08-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Assorted comments...

That's Billy Ceranski in the FON pic, not Todd Adamson.

The ShockTech 'timmy does indeed have the Shocktech logo milled into it, you can make out the rough shape over the area where the bolt is.

The paint in the pic is on the muzzle, not oozing out of the ports.

The paint appears to be orange.

Aftershock is sponsored by PMI. PMI Evil paint at the event had a pink fill.

The Shocktech Bushmasters have been available since the IAO.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

FeelTheRT
08-28-2002, 01:05 PM
notice how there isn't any paint in the portings... That paint on the tip of the barrel is probably from leanign against some broken paint on the bunker or from the ground.

Caveman: the reason why Timmies can still chop even with the eye on is because if there isn't a ball in the chamber the gun will still fire, just really slow (1bps?) and the ball can fall in half way right when it fires. I've had some people tell me the Timmy eyes think when teh ball is 3/4ths in teh chamber, it thinks its fully in and chops. I'm not too sure of that one though.

gatorchris
08-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Caveman: the reason why Timmies can still chop even with the eye on is because if there isn't a ball in the chamber the gun will still fire, just really slow (1bps?) and the ball can fall in half way right when it fires. I've had some people tell me the Timmy eyes think when teh ball is 3/4ths in teh chamber, it thinks its fully in and chops. I'm not too sure of that one though.

Pretty close. There is some rudimentary logic in the trigger firing sequence. If the eye doesnt see a ball it will delay the firing x ms, which is set by the user. Of course if the ball falls in at the x'th second and is halfway down it will get chopped. This why the forcefeed loaders are such a boon to the timmy, it keeps the gap between paint to a minimum and allows for virtually no delay being used. Its only handy when you shoot a halo or warp completely empty nowadays, which can still happen.
The eye is not at the exact bottom of the breach, its more than 3/4 of the way down. Its far enough down that unless you are shooting some seriously warped, big paint it wont cause a problem of the top being clipped.

Automaggin
08-29-2002, 01:15 PM
its nopt that great. i talked to the guy that shot it. its a standard timmy with shocktech stamped on it. he said it performs as well as a GZ or stock timmy