PDA

View Full Version : AGD?!? Extremes?

Oregon_pb_
08-25-2002, 05:28 AM
ok, i've heard alot of speculation about when the extremes will be released to the public(like distributed through dealers in good quantity), but i have yet to hear an official statement, or even an estimate.

I'm plunking down over a grand for a pre-ordered marker, i think we should get a hint of when we can expect'em.

tell me if you think i'm wrong...

Sledgehammer
08-25-2002, 06:33 AM
I got mine like 3 months ago ;)

headcase
08-25-2002, 08:05 AM
You are wrong.

AGD has said since the beginning that the Extremes won't be released until they are perfect. They have stopped releasing estimates, accept for the "about eight weeks". I would assume this is because they have made estimates in the past, and then missed them. I was originally looking to preorder one for last christmas.

It was the consumers and the dealers that started the pre-order thing. As far as I know it was never officially sanctioned by AGD.

No one made you put the money down.

Just be happy that you have secured an early Extreme for yourself, and when it is released you won't have to wait to longer.

Tunaman
08-25-2002, 08:10 AM
"well the story is the same as it was at IAO. We only have 65 in the pipe and most of them are commited to pre orders. A bunch are going out to important people for promotion like 3 to Shatner. We have started on a second batch but they will not get through the pipe until around WC. I wouldnt expect decent availablity until 2003.

This is the fact of life for a product this complicated and the parts cost 8 times more than our regular stuff. If you had some on preorder from months ago you might get them in the current batch, if not I would place some on order but dont take orders until we tell you they are coming. Thats the best I can do with what we have.

tk"

Oregon_pb_
08-26-2002, 05:26 AM
thanks Tunaman.

And no i haven't placed any money down, but its still preordered.