PDA

View Full Version : lvlTen bolt stick/Rt drop, off help me

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 03:42 PM
ok i have an Rt with lvlten, 800psi input. Shooting around 280. But the first shot of every string had Really bad drop off. It doesnt even make it out of the barrel, maybe only 1-3 inches out of the breach. Then some times when i go ahead with the string the bolt will stick and trigger will lock up.. then ill hear a pop and it will be fine. So i thought my carrier was to tight so i went to a 1.5 and it leaked what should i do? also im using Med. spring

so i have two problems.. bolt will stick and the 1st shot is really bad.. help me:(

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 03:49 PM
try raising your input a bit, check your nubbin (do you haver plastic or wire? on what type of barrel?), do you have any shims?

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 04:08 PM
plastic nubbin/AA med bore barrel (bolt fits in it fine) and im using a crossfire 68 4500.. i think the input is 800-850.. i just said 800 to be safe.. any thing else i could do? or should i call the agd teck tomaro?

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 04:23 PM
well how long have you had the nubbin on the barrel? I don't know about AA barrels but I do know that plastic nubbins don't work on a good portion of aftermarket barrels because the grooves are not made right(they are too deep). I myself use a dye s.s. and must use a wire nubbin. You problem Could be that the groove is too deep so the plastic nubbin can't put enough force on the ball and the ball rolls down the barrel a bit causing serious drop-off. This could not be the problem but is something I think would be looking into if you just put on the plastic nubbin(if not I would'nt worry about it).

Also, how many shims are you using? Could you raise your input to 900? 950?

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 05:12 PM
yea u could be right about the nubbin, i never looked into that but i will. So i tried it with out the barrel and same thing. Oh and i should add that the bolt/body fit is fine. Also the lvlten has had 300-350 rounds thru it with my classic and now about another 300 with my rt. i just put a brand new sear in with it that i got from agd on friday (just to add) thanx for your help

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 05:15 PM
oh i forgot about the shims.. i tried.. um 1-2-5 with 1.0 carrier and i think the same with a 1.5 carrier (1.5 leaked pretty bad)

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 05:33 PM
just leave 2 shims in on the biggest carrier that doesnt leak(I guess the 1.0) and the cut spring. Start from scratch again, try putting a wire nubbin on, back out the velocity before you air up. raise your input to 900 if you can and turn up the velocity till it fires reliably. See how that goes.

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 05:36 PM
ok sounds good, but im not gunna cut the spring just yet. I think im going to try my old sear too (never thought of that

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 05:38 PM
no, you don't need to cut the spring, the medium spring that is in the kit comes cut and generally works best.

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 06:07 PM
ok i tried my old sear, 2shims, med spring.... didnt do anything :( then i put in my old guts.. bolt so on and it is Reallt reactive ide keep it this was but i have a no rise so i will chop like crazy:( i dont know what to do... what about like the small/normal spring on the lvlten? will it take my finger off and brake paint?

Havoc_online u have been a great help thanx so much, and keep the ideas comming but could anyone else add some ideas??

BajaBoy
08-25-2002, 06:32 PM
ok never mind i got it working perfect. i used a worn out old spring lol(brass one) on a 1.0 carrier with 2shims... works great. thanx