PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 replacement parts- short spring

Halliday
08-25-2002, 07:05 PM
I have only had the kit since July, but I have managed to lose the shortest spring in the kit. It is longer than the stock spring, correct?

Would I be able to just get that spring from AGD? Are there enough spare parts from kit to supply me with one?

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 07:24 PM
the Short spring from the kit is the same as the stock spring.

Halliday
08-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Really? I thought I read in the "Lvl 10 problems" thread that it's longer.

Can anyone else confirm?

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes: I'm not guessing, I'm telling you, it's the orginal main spring.

The long spring comes from AGD's military marker and the mid spring is the same thing with one coil cut.

Tunaman
08-25-2002, 08:25 PM
Havoc is correct. Believe him

Halliday
08-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Excellent. I have spares of stock springs. Thanks.

ShooterJM
08-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
:rolleyes: I'm not guessing, I'm telling you, it's the orginal main spring.

The long spring comes from AGD's military marker and the mid spring is the same thing with one coil cut.

Is that true even with the beta's that went out? The shortest spring I got in my kit is a bit longer then my stock spring. If I try to chronny in down around 250 my mag won't fire, have to drop in my old stock spring.

Could it be my stock isn't really stock?

hitech
08-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
Is that true even with the beta's that went out? The shortest spring I got in my kit is a bit longer then my stock spring.

Mine too. I have four different size springs. And the stock spring is less than a year old.

Halliday
08-26-2002, 03:34 PM
I am talking about a Beta kit, btw. That's what I have.

Havoc_online
08-26-2002, 03:55 PM
don't compare the short spring to a spare you have or the spring in your set-up. Compare it to a fresh spring out of a unopened RT parts kit. Springs lose tension strength and shorten over time, especially when you leave the valve in the marker when it's not being used.

Shooter, your old stock spring just has lost a little tension strength, either way, the level 10 kit was not made to chrono at 250, the valve needs more pressure or may complain one way or another if you start to go too low. One thing you can do is use the stock barrel to help maintain pressure.:) Hope this helps.