PDA

View Full Version : AGD Launch was Used at WPF Chicago event!!!!

G-Rock
08-25-2002, 07:15 PM
First, all those who thought the AGD Launch would not work in a tournament where you had to start behind the start station and come around it, YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!

Well after hearing about the AGD Launch on here. We couldn't resist a chance to actually learn it, and well who better to show us then Tom Kaye. He probably spent a good thirty minutes at our staging area demonstrating and helping us learn this great opening move.

We were playing the zipper field at Badlandz in Chicago, and all day our front guy could only make it to the 40 yard line on the left tape, so we gave this a try. Pito189 and I took our front guy, and launched him almost 6 feet in the direction he needed to go. He landed at full speed and made it to the fifty yard line in the snake on the left tape. He got in there and was shooting at one of the opposing teams mid players before the opposing teams front players even got into postion. It was great, and proved you could use it in this type of starting postion.

WPF taped the AGD launch for us and we will have it downloaded on here for everyone to see as soon as possible. Got to get a copy of it first from WPF.

Tom thanks for the time you spent with us, we really enjoyed it and learned alot.

C-ya all around,

Chris Geiger, Captain Team Sinister Sainthood

Scooter/Cootie
08-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Sweet! :D Can't wait to see the video. Hopefully a lot of teams saw you using the launch and will give it a try in the future.

By the way, how'd you guys place in the tourny?

rx2
08-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't you rather it not be discovered by other teams who would be potential opponents?

j.t.
08-25-2002, 08:34 PM
The only way to stop other teams from discovering it would be to not use it yourself.

I bet you they will catch on quick :(

rx2
08-25-2002, 08:42 PM
I realize that, and I also realize that certain teams will NEVER use it simply because they think they don't need to. In any case, I wouldn't want it to spread like wildfire, at first. Of course, if I werre one of those who formulated it, once it catches on, I would want everyone to use it. It would be nice to know you started something big. But, for now, I would think that they would rather have it go unnoticed, at least to catch a few by surprise.

j.t.
08-25-2002, 08:45 PM
I think your right. I think it WILL get noticed, but I dont think most teams will bother trying it because its "different"

I know i couldnt talk my team into trying that let alone even explain it to them. :(

LittMag
08-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Personally I hope more teams try it. That way someone is bound to screw up and fall on their faces... now THAT would be funny. :D (I know, I'm sick, but who here wouldn't laugh)

j.t.
08-25-2002, 09:22 PM
hmmm.. maybe letting the other teams try it is a good idea... your team does it correctly and gets your front men to the 50 while the other teams front guys are on the ground 10 feet ahead of the starting station.:p

thecavemankevin
08-25-2002, 09:37 PM
i know sooner or later someone WILL fall and i bet their barrel will be at a 90* angle. They could call it the perascope barrel, shot around corners :)

j.t.
08-25-2002, 09:46 PM
It will more likely become a shuvel then stay a barrel:rolleyes: :p

AGD
08-26-2002, 12:39 AM
Well lets analyze this situation.... Because you guys hang out here you have intimate knowledge of a technique that can give you a winning advantage on the field. We all realise that if it does work everyone will start using it and its advantage will diminish.

The logical conclusion is that the early adopters will gain an advantage, the "wait and see" guys will never have an advantage. Which group are you going to join???

AGD

Mossman
08-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Thats right Tom. Catch the boat while its hot baby. In 5 years tom will discover a new start when you just run to your bunkers. It'll be totally different since everyone is doing this wierd throwing start....odd.... :)

G-Rock
08-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Well to answer the question above, when we asked the ref we ran into saturday night at the hotel he told us we placed 9th overall in the Novice division. I am not sure on that and will find out though.

As for the guy hitting the ground, well when we were practicing it, out of about 10 practices, our guy only hit the ground once, another time he hit a truck in the staging area.

In all honesty, teams were staring at us in the staging area and laughing, but when we came off the field some of those teams started to ask us about it and said they might have to learn it to gain an advantage. Well anyway I look at it we are going to use it more and more, it works and we had fun doing it.

I wold like to thank Tom for showing this great way to break, and also like to thank Wolf Hill Paintball for helping my team out every way they have.

Chris Geiger

Pand0ra
08-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Ok ok I was wrong.
Who as never made an error in his life ? ;)

Any link to the movie?

@++

Timmee
08-26-2002, 05:10 PM
I am unfamiliar with this technique. What is it? I realize it's a way to get going on the break, but other than that, I have no idea what it is.

pito189
08-26-2002, 10:37 PM
We will get the Video up before the end of the week. We used the WPF digital camcorder to tape the launch. We will post it as soon as we get it from them.

rudy
08-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Wouldn't you rather it not be discovered by other teams who would be potential opponents?

No I would rather everyone learn this and it be open knowledge. first of course as stated because people will see it every time you do it. second its going to look a little awkward and silly to most people so there will already be a tendancy to shy away from the tactic. and most important because I find when most teams in any sport try to hide a tactic it only comes back to bite them later because they become dependant on the other teams disadvantage. This more often then not means the team does not excellerate thier learning in many areas as fast as others are trying to gain skill to make up for the disadvantage. Also as more people try it we will find out if it is really an advantage. people might just be running faster because the have given them self a psychological boost. or you might find your launchers are your back players and they arent getting as many off the break eliminations/ or stoppign the runner from being eliminated. another team might just throw another guy at shooting off the break to balence it. only time and many trials will tell.

agdemagman69
08-28-2002, 10:34 AM
how do you do the agd launch?

pito189
08-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Hopefully G-Rock will get off his butt, and get the dang video posted.

p8ntballa
08-28-2002, 12:25 PM
I saw the video in advisory today, lil Jon is funny.

pito189
08-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Who has it? When are they going to post it? How does it look?

p8ntballa
08-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Kyle had it. It was the VHS with all the tournies. We watched the Red River and Chicago ehhehehe.

G-Rock
08-28-2002, 03:45 PM
pito man, I can only move as fast as the people with the video move to get to me. I am working on it. By the way p8ntballa, wish you were there man, I bet you just was eaten up with envy when you saw the video. Lil John will pick on you forever over this.

Chris Geiger

pito189
08-28-2002, 03:53 PM
Quit being so slow, do it quicker. It's not like you do anything all day. Just sitting there playing with your cocker.

Wait till you get the CnC you will have tons of time, because you don't always have to fix it.(breaking 3-ways for example :rolleyes: HA):p

p8ntballa
08-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by G-Rock
pito man, I can only move as fast as the people with the video move to get to me. I am working on it. By the way p8ntballa, wish you were there man, I bet you just was eaten up with envy when you saw the video. Lil John will pick on you forever over this.

Chris Geiger

Heck yeah, those fields looked fun to play on. The music city is still lookin hopeful tho! My mom asked me about it today, she asked where it was again I said Chapel Hill and she said she knew where that was LOL. Not a real answer tho, but not a no.

Wayne A.
08-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Guys bad news, when we let Chris borrow the camera, whoever used it did not hit record. So there is no footage.ops.:)

Wayne

pito189
08-29-2002, 12:31 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS, KENNY IS A TOOL WHAT THE HECK WAS HE THINKING???? DID HE EVEN GET ANY PICTURES AT LEAST??? WHAT A MORON. KENNY YOU ARE KILLING ME.

ogre55
08-29-2002, 02:28 PM
I think Pito is a little biy miffed. What do you guys think?

Do you know if, perhaps, warpig was there and if so, did they get footage?

Ogre

G-Rock
08-29-2002, 05:15 PM
I guess we should have thought of that. I mean a guy that can fill pods, might not understand a digital video camera. Oh well sorry yall, but at the next event we will get it on tape even if I have to sell body parts to do it.

Chris Geiger

p8ntballa
08-30-2002, 07:23 AM
Just another reason why I should have gone...

p8ntballa
08-30-2002, 07:10 PM
YO Chris, you gonna be at the field tomorrow? Im going to bring some pics of some logos...and pick up that pack.

G-Rock
08-30-2002, 09:57 PM
I will be there, why did you even have to ask????

Chris

Matt Crawford
09-26-2002, 10:43 AM
hey chris, looks like you need a new Pod B**** haha

Hey if you need someone to recored it for you, give me a holla

G-Rock
09-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Matt,

I have seen you work on your own marker, I have seen you play, man I hope you can record better then Kenny, becasue he can do the other better then you.

cya tommorrow man, I will be at the store.

Chris Geiger