PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro crapped out in the middle of my tourney

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Ok, here's the story. I just got level 10, so i went to test it out saturday before my tourney on sunday. well it worked great saturday, i put my finger in the bolt, everyone was impressed, blah blah blah. well that was just totally amazing and i was all ready for the tourney. so i get to the tourney, chrono, show everyone level 10 (/insert oohs and ahhs here) you know the basic routine. play one game, works great. Game 2, i'm shooting and then pop. the trigger rod was loose as if i had no air, but the tank was at 2500 psi and the output was 800 psi. it recocked itself every couple of seconds, took one shot and had to wait again. Then it started leaking. I took it apart, oiled up my on/off assembly, oiled the bolt, etc. It shot ok, but it leaked all of the rest of the day, and on top of that, my flatline tank had horrible consistancy and i had to adjust the output psi every time i filled my tank or the psi would be too low or too high. other then that, it was ok, we got 3rd place and had a great time, but it would have even been better if my gun worked. so what guys, can yall help?

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 09:36 PM
it sounds kinda like you broke your O'ring in, go to the next size smaller carrier(the biggest one that doesnt leak) if the only problem now is that it leaks down the barrel when you gas up.

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-25-2002, 09:44 PM
ok thanks havoc, i'm gonna try that right now, i'll post back up when i'm done with it.

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-25-2002, 10:08 PM
ok, i tried to unscrew the powertube tip and it won't come off. the valve just comes unscrewed when i try to take it off. i am just gonna send it to AGD, my gun has broken every time i played with it, so i need them to look it over.

Dayspring
08-25-2002, 10:55 PM
try a wrench. And a little elbow grease.

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-26-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
try a wrench. And a little elbow grease.

i did, the first time it started to strip, the second time the whole powertube unscrewed into two (not the regulator seperating from the PT, the silver shaft unscrewed) and now i cannot get it out. I think i should just send it into agd, and btw, tech support doesn't stay opened long enough, i get home from school at 3:30, and by the time i change and get situated, tech support is closed.

Whitt_travis
08-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Looks like you might have to be sick one day... Or just drive to school late.

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-27-2002, 09:44 PM
lol it's kewl now, i called AGD (first thing when i got home) and i gotta send it in. Got my RA number and everything. Thanks for trying to help guys!

drx975
08-28-2002, 10:43 PM
This is why we should rememeber to oil the powertube tip oring. I always thought that it would be a good idea, and here's proof. I think that oring is really gripping your powertube tip and therefore it wont come off, which really sucks. Otherwise its tightened too much.