PDA

View Full Version : pic in Signature

Swanky_Sam
08-25-2002, 10:28 PM
I was wondering if any one could tell me the HTML code to put picture in youre Signature.

Thx everyone.

TRIAD
08-25-2002, 10:36 PM
Well, here's what you do lad. You post the picture somewhere, anywhere really. then, you go to its properties, and you copy the html code. Then you paste it in your signature, surrounded by bla bla (have to put this here, or it will read all this as a site)

Cristobal
08-25-2002, 10:37 PM
edit your profile and in the signature box type the following (without the *'s):

[*IMG]web address of your pic here[*/IMG]

The general rule for sig images is to keep the file size to 14-15k or less and keep the physical dimensions down so it doesn't break up the thread too much.

Edit: too slow, doh!

And welcome to AO:)

Swanky_Sam
08-25-2002, 10:40 PM
How do I post the pic ture on the web. I made on paint.

Cristobal
08-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Swanky_Sam
How do I post the pic ture on the web. I made on paint.

You'll need to post it on a server somewhere. One way is to attatch it to one of the sig threads in the friendly forum and that will put it on the AO server

Swanky_Sam
08-25-2002, 10:48 PM
I really dont get it. how would do that?

Swanky_Sam
08-25-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Cristobal

You'll need to post it on a server somewhere. One way is to attatch it to one of the sig threads in the friendly forum and that will put it on the AO server

how would I do that?

Cristobal
08-25-2002, 11:07 PM
No need to post the question twice. When you post a message, near the bottom of the screen is a place box where you can attatch a file. Hit browse and select the image you want to attatch from your computer. The image will then be posted on the server and appear in the thread for all to see. From there you can right click on the image, hit properties and see what its web address is.

Note: only .jpg and .gif images will show up when attatched. .bmp imaged will show up as an attatchment that has to be downloaded before it can be viewed, so stick to gifs and jpgs

agdemagman69
08-30-2002, 02:16 PM
hmm