PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ manual mode (Trigger rod sticking)

Oddball
08-25-2002, 10:38 PM
When using Manual Mode (with battery not on) sometimes the trigger rod stays forced back for a few seconds, at most maybe 3 seconds, then the trigger rod will bounce back like it should. The trigger itself is free, just the rod being back as if the on/off pin has not been forced out. It does not do this every time I fire, maybe 1 in 20. In hybred it sometimes sounds like the gun has short stroked but the gun can keep on shooting. In Electronic the gun works perfect. I have the Level 10 and TL63 blade trigger. Any ideas? Thanks.

Havoc_online
08-25-2002, 10:59 PM
manual mode is sometimes impaired by the Blade trigger, that should have been explained as a possiblity when it was sold to you.

Oddball
08-25-2002, 11:21 PM
I have heard about that but I don't think it is the trigger since the trigger was free and the rod itself was not coming back out. When it is out and I pull the trigger it seems fine.

Moats
08-26-2002, 01:23 AM
this happened to me when my spring was too long, and i had to go to the medium spring and the sized carrier.

Havoc_online
08-26-2002, 03:51 AM
if you think it might be something with the sear, check your plunger rod(make sure it's not bent or getting hung up). I doubt it's the on/off but check it and make sure your o'rings are in tip-top oiled and all, the pin is nice and straight to the tips. Also, what level 10 settings do you have? what is your input?

BlackVCG
08-26-2002, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the blade trigger. I worked on numerous guns at the Am Open that had the blade trigger and all would do the same thing or something similar.

First thing I'd do is put back in the stock trigger and test it. If it doesn't happen, it's a blade trigger issue. If it does, something is sticking in the gun. Do that test first and let me know.