PDA

View Full Version : Automags and Micromags: Need help clarifying

Bigera
08-26-2002, 02:54 AM
A little while ago I got into the sport of paintball and have bought a used micromag off a friend. I'm trying to see if the gun is upgradable and what I need to do it. However, everytime I try to find info on it, it seems to lead right to Automag. Are they the same gun/company? Can I use Automag parts to upgrade my Micromag? Any info on this would help a lot. Please keep it simple seeing as I am still fairly new to all this. Thanks.

Havoc_online
08-26-2002, 03:49 AM
Airgun Designs make the automag, PTP(pro-team products) make the micro-mag. The micro-mag is just a different version of the Automag, it's the same valve though. Have you heard of the level 10? If you don't have it, get it:).

And welcome to AO.

athomas
08-26-2002, 08:37 AM
The micromag is the proteam version of the automag. Proteam uses their own body and grip frame with Airgun Designs valve system.

Pretty much all all automag parts will fit a Proteam automag except for the front vertical ASA and the barrels which are cocker threads.

Bigera
08-26-2002, 12:55 PM
K, thanks for the barrel warning. I need a longer barrel and had won a free automag, spyder or spyder clone barrel certifigate at a game last weekend. I need a longer barrel (at least 6 inches) and was wondering what kind of barrel I should get.

athomas
08-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Get a length you are comfortable with. Get a bore size that fits the paint you are most likely to use. If you use multiple brands of paint, get the bore size for the largest paint. Specific barrels are a matter of preference. Many people will tell you different stories. There are a lot of good barrels on the market right now. Do some reading and searching on the internet.

Try here.

http://www.pbreview.com/

TheMagMan
08-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bigera
K, thanks for the barrel warning. I need a longer barrel and had won a free automag, spyder or spyder clone barrel certifigate at a game last weekend. I need a longer barrel (at least 6 inches) and was wondering what kind of barrel I should get.

Micromags use Autococker barrel threads.