PDA

View Full Version : i've got a large leak, assitance please

angelKiller16
08-26-2002, 12:55 PM
ok, i went and plyed yesterday and this leak i thoght i got rid of by fixing my QD/elbow to valve is back and even larger. I don't think it's only the QD/elbow to valve anymore. The valve leaks out of where i cannot tell, somewhere in the back, sounds like between the body and valve. And when i hold the trigger down after firring, it doesn't leak anymore.I have no clue what this is and i will try to give more info but this is all i can figure out right now, please help

athomas
08-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a bad o-ring in your on/off assembly.

Probably one of the bottom two o-rings, not the two above the on/off top.

angelKiller16
08-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I called AGD tech's and they said it was the old reg. I am using nitro and i need to buy a newer reg suited for nitro. i think it's about 20$

athomas
08-26-2002, 04:08 PM
If you can achieve a velocity of 280 when firing, and the gun doesn't vent out the back, then you shouldn't need a new reg assy.

The leaking stops when the trigger is pulled, so that means the leak is after the o-rings on the top of the on/off assembly. Since its not leaking out the front of the valve, its probably not the power tube o-ring. Therefore, it has to be one of the two o-rings in the bottom of the on/off assembly.

EnW
08-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Drop this guy a line: Pballnut1@aol.com
He will sell you a brand new HPA regulator piston for $10.
I just got mine in the mail this week from him. I have bought several parts from him over the last year and a half,so he is trustworthy.

MikeCouves
08-26-2002, 10:02 PM
What level is your mag and how old is it?

angelKiller16
08-27-2002, 06:55 PM
my mag is a level 7 and is old, it's serial number is CF05240, i've been told it's about 10 yrs old. I know it is the reg assembly because it is venting out of the two hole on the bottom of the valve body situated under the reg when i place the valve under water while it is presurized, and i have checked every O-ring already, and i should have mentioned i could only reach a fps of about 295, but thanks for your help athomas. And thanks EnW for the e-mail, but i'm going to order it from AGD for 15$ beacuse i don't have the manual video wich is free when you order and pay S&H. I will keep his adress for future parts though.