PDA

View Full Version : Gun leaking Please Help

Tron
08-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I played at Tombstone this Sunday and I wasn't allowed to use my Rico. So I am shooting and shaking shooting and shaking. I need to lay down some cover fire and I forget I don't have a constant stream of paint. I chop a ball (FIRST EVER in my mag) turn it upside down shoot some air through it and put 3-4 shoots and its cleaned out. I so I am firing pretty good again and not having any problems. Boom I chop again and my gun starts leaking. I turn off my tank, call myself out and wait till the games over. Now my gun wont cock and just leaks down the barrel.

When I get home I take it apart and clean everything and check all the o-rings. Everything is in perfect condition, clean and oiled. Put my tank on again and the same thing happens down the barrel. I know people say to change the spacer but if my gun was stock and nothing wrong with it till I chopped how would this effect it? I also noticed the trigger pin used to fall out quite easily when I would tilt the gun when it was not gassed up. No I have to shake it till it comes out. And it will not line up like it used to. I took the frame off and nothing seems out of place and the sear looks like the video so there doesn't seem to be any wear.

I only put two cases through this and around 1,500 dry fires and only managed to chop when the refs told me to turn my rico off.

Thanks,
Tron

BajaBoy
08-26-2002, 07:25 PM
WHY in the world would the reff tell u to turn off your hopper??? anyway um make sure your bolt/sear are fine.. and if it still leaks then Yes u need to go to a smaller spacer cuz u prob broke in the oring. Doesnt matter it its stock or not.. witch i hope it is

MikeCouves
08-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Okay, one don't ever turn off your hopper because they will just make chopping chanced ALOT worse. Two, I would at least try a shorter spacer, the PT oring is one of the most active orings in the mag, so it can wear over time. Also, check for any obstructions in the bolt and PT area.

When you have done that...does it still leak?

Tron
08-26-2002, 11:28 PM
Well they made me take the battery out. I was hauling butt with the trigger since I learned it so well. I really liked the field so we are going back with a private group so I can use everything.

Ok well I would have to order all this stuff on the website since I didn't get any replacement parts. I didn't even get the allen key that lets me adjust velocity.

And yes I bought it brand new and everything is stock. I have a stain on the main body that came with the gun and I can't even get a new one they want to send me a second body with scratches.

-Tron

Tron
08-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Holy crap if I wanted to repair my gun and order from the website I would be spending like $40.

-Tron

Omicron
08-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Try replacing orings in the on/off, the white teflon oring at the bottom and the urethane one around the white one.