PDA

View Full Version : I'm debating...

Hyanbul
08-26-2002, 04:00 PM
...can anyone help me?? I'm a rookie and I got a sweet deal from my friend for $350-( Automag RT Pro, dye boomstick, Pure Enery N2 3000PSI 68 cu, 9V revolution hopper, and a harness w/6 pods, but the harness and pods were a joke but better than nothing). Anyways, I've been looking around for a new gun, but I'm probably going to wait for a couple of months but no longer than a year. The idea of an Emag being my next gun would be extremely nice, but I'm not sure about it. I know that anything Airgun Designs make is really good(especially to those who own Spyders, Pirhanas, Tippmans, and other lower class markers that see my RT, but I'm not bragging b/c there are a lot more guns better than the RT), but do I really want to get an Emag?? I was thinking about going to a Viking or Excalibur, beefed up Matrix, or possibly decked out Cocker, but I really want to stick to the Emag. If I got an Emag, I would definetely put the new Lv 10 bolt in right away, maybe a different trigger if neccessary, and maybe some touch ups here and there. But what I would really like to know is that does everyone here recommend the Emag(yeah it's a stupid question since I'm writing a forum for all Mag owners and fans)?? I really want an Emag, but I want to make sure that many people recommend it and favor it b/c I have not seen many people talk about the Emag or play with it. I see people talk about Matrixes, Cockers, and Angels as if they are the ONLY good guns on the market. But if anyone could please, send me some stats on the Emag like how long would the battery last in the Emag, PSI usuage, and other stuff, including if it can really shoot 20 bps. I've seen a clip of a guy through a whole entire hopper full in a halo hopper w/an Emag, but I didn't know if he did anything to it or not. Plus how long will it take to break it in?? Please send me information b/c I want the Emag bad, but everytime I talk to someone about Mags, they just roll their eyes, put Airgun down, and talk about another gun that they like and plays 'much better.' Thank you and I'm looking forward to positive replies.

Havoc_online
08-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Ah, where to start. Well whoever says anything bad about mags is simply misinformed, this entire forum is dedicated to FACT.(you got a sweet deal by the way, if I were you I'd just get a level 10, maybe a warp, and wait for an extreme. lol)

there are a lot more guns better than the RT that depends what you think makes a gun "better"

there is nothing faster(capable) -fact.
nothing more consistent at high ROF - fact.
with a properly set-up level 10 nothing softer on paint - fact.
We all know that Mags are generally known to be pretty darn reliable:)

maybe a different trigger if neccessary yes you can but no not neccessary, the Emag is one of the only guns that has all the parts you need in it to do a nice and quick do it yourself triggerjob.

does everyone here recommend the Emag you answered that one yourself;) (it's not really a baised answer though, there are many different types of gun owners on here and I've never seen one talk bad about the Emag.)
I see people talk about Matrixes, Cockers, and Angels as if they are the ONLY good guns on the market. sure, they are all good guns, but they are not the best, it's all hype.
how long would the battery last in the Emag a full charge should give you about 20,000 shots.
PSI usuage 800-850recommended input. BUT, that doesnt make it a gas hog, the gun actually uses less air on the ball(about 60psi) the rest stays in the gun for a quick recharge(It begins to matter once the tank drops too far below 800psi). Cockers and Angels(depending on settings) use about 90psi on the ball so more air is used, but they have a lower input so it kinda evens out a bit because the tank lasts longer.
and other stuff It's the ONLY electric gun on the market that will still work without a battery or if the there is any board malfunction. It also has a very nice warrenty compared to other gun companies.
if it can really shoot 20 bps. The Emag(which has the same valve as the RT) has been for years and is still THE FASTEST marker on the market, it's speed is only limited to the loader. Yes, Emags can shoot 20bps with no problems(using a halo B or other Tricky loading system). People have even gotten the Emag to cycle at 30bps(but nothing could load it that fast). AO doesnt only say it though like most other ppl with "fast" guns, all these claims have been analized and have been proven to be fact. BTW all this was on a stock Emag(usually with a full auto board though):)
Plus how long will it take to break it in?? The level 10 is the only thing you have to worry about breaking in that much(it's pretty fun too, too bad it only takes a few minutes):D
I talk to someone about Mags, they just roll their eyes, put Airgun down, and talk about another gun that they like and plays 'much better.' OK, not a problem, get them on AO so they can prove why any gun would really be better than another(at least better than an Emag). With most high end guns, they are fast and consistent enough, they're all great guns, it's all user preference and what you feel most comfortable using, BUT, the Emag does have a lot of little goodies that most other guns can't hold a candle to. And guess what, the Emag Extreme has even more (BTW that's a fact:p)
Well, Welcome to AO!

athomas
08-27-2002, 07:40 AM
The emag is better stock than most other guns are tricked out.

I always play with my emag while others are "tweaking" their guns. Others always have parts on order to fix that little problem that keeps occuring.

Its a great feeling to know that you can put your emag away at the end of the day and not have to work on it before the next outing.

The magnetic trigger is so sweet.

agdemagman69
08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
are you mass-debating? lol