PDA

View Full Version : MiniMag ReTro or Mag RT?

boomerfoxtrot
08-27-2002, 06:34 AM
guys, I'm wondering if I should get a different gun... my girl wants to get a gun,a small one.. like mine.. (mini mag) .... so I was thinking maybe I'ld sell her mine and get myself a Mag RT pro....

my mini mag has the ReTro Valve on it too.

Which gun would make a better mid-player?
Does the RT shoot faster then the ReTro valve...?

CockerStopper
08-27-2002, 07:11 AM
well i have had both an mini with rt valve and the real AutomagRT. The real Rt is alot better than the upgraded valveRt. it shoots faster. and the gun just feels more comfortable to me. if your at dansland next time ill let you play a game or two with the real Rt, then maybe you can make a decision.there is no substitute for the real thing:D

Mossman
08-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Normally I'd shoot that guy down, but the fact of the matter is I loved my old RT better than my current minimag with retro (i actually went so far as to sell the retro valve off it).

The old RT was more reactive, never starved, and was so much fun to shoot.

I wish i never sold me RT... :(

BajaBoy
08-27-2002, 09:47 AM
i agree with both them.. the old rt was alot more like.. um i dunno how to explane, i could like consintrate on the people then getting my trigger to bounce n such. Dont get me wrong its all about your set up. so i guess w-e look u like more.

my rt right now is just perfect. not to fast but it bounces when i need it:p (ohh but it can be fast):D

boomerfoxtrot
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
well you are all talking about the old RT...

the RT is a bit heavier.... and it's bigger. If I put a forgrip on my mini and then the Z-Grip it would be about the lenght of the RT...
I hope to have my ReTro Mini running this weekend... If not, then I won't be able to make it out to Dan's Land... it will have to be the following weekend.

There is a Set up I'm looking at, it's a Mag RT Pro w/ Z-Grip....
I love the Z ...

CockerStopper
08-28-2002, 05:34 PM
yea. i got the old skool RT. I dont like the cut-off body on the Rtpro. Personally i like a heavy gun. to me it makes for a more balanced setup. i remember when i had my lite MicroRT it was a bit off balance with that big ole tro tank i had. Dans land is only open every other week now until it cools off. I'll probably go to Fat city this sunday

boomerfoxtrot
08-28-2002, 06:11 PM
FatCity... ok.. when did Dan's Land change?

I'm going into the Pro Shop tomorrow, I'll double check. I might come down this weekend, although I don't have a whole lot of $$, and it cost a bit more to play at Fatcity.

I think I'm going to get the RT w/ Z-Grip...