PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942 Demo

warpfeedmod
08-27-2002, 11:26 AM
OMG. What can I say but OMG. If you're a fan of FPS I HIGHLY reccomend this.

Here (http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/home.jsp) is the link to it. Download the demo, it's free (about 160 megs or so tho, you've been warned). It's similar to Wolfenstine but graphics are much much better, theres planes, boats, tanks, all sorts of toys to play around with :p

Played it pretty much all weekend. It's the demo, only one map (the island) and a few vehicles, planes and 2 boats, but DAMNED FUN!

If you find a game where people don't TK each other over planes and stuff and mainly focus on accomplishing the missions.

Check it out :p

I'll definately buy this one when it comes out. :p

LittleKrems
08-27-2002, 11:28 AM
its awsome except my sound doesnt work. theres like a fuzzy ringing sound. if anyone knows how to fix it tell me

warpfeedmod
08-27-2002, 11:32 AM
keep an eye out on the website, there's a patch coming out for the Demo soon..I just ordered it from the website free shipping :p

There are some settings for sound I think (at least in the demo I think there were). check and see if you can change something around in there, also make sure you've got the latest updates to your drivers. If you're running XP do the windows update, get whatever it reccomends (if anything) and then goto the manufacturer of the card's site and get whatever they reccomend for XP (usually unsupported by MS but better then what MS offers)

See if that works, I'll check when I get home and see if I can come up with something else if that doesn't work.

lemme know

magsRus
08-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Its got great graphics but it aint my thing I'm still loving the new wolfenstien and medal of honor allied assault

I'm going to buy solider of fortune 2 this weekend ..hell yah baby

warpfeedmod
08-27-2002, 11:40 AM
SoFII isn't my game tho.. I just don't get into it like I did with Wolf or this. I've got MoH but never bothered to play it (heh still sitting in the box, got lost after the move and recently found it :p )..

Maybe I'll load it up and install it :p

Also Warcraft 3 is real good..if you're into Command & Conquer, Starcraft, etc I reccomend that one :p

FutureMagOwner
08-28-2002, 02:13 PM
i like that game but its very buggy and laggy. its hard to fly planes when your team puts jeeps on the runway and trying to shoot you down with aa guns right after take off