PDA

View Full Version : info on the aa genesis

BajaBoy
08-27-2002, 12:30 PM
i was looking around the airamercia website and prob gunna buy an apoc reg or delon what u think? (to put on an extra tank i have)

but i came across an n2 compressor, the genesis.. i was like cool then i saw its like a hand pump and i could use it on the field or w-e.. anyone have info on this? have it? used it? so on. but if it is was its spoze to be i could see a good cause of this.. people who cant get n2 in there area, and for me that my dad hates taking my to get my tank filled about 30mins + away and for 5$.. i think my dad will just by this for me:p to get me off his back all the time

Tron
08-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Well I saw a post on Warpig saying it worked. Other then that nothing. You should have some massive forearms after all those tank fills. =)

-Tron

Raptor3359
08-27-2002, 02:34 PM
thats a hand pump? Your going to need to be a very strong guy to pump 4500 psi into a tank

warpfeedmod
08-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Wow now that's cool..where can I get one and how much? Anyone know?

P.S. I just called AA and it's not a hand pump, it's a booster for like a scuba tank to allow you to fill up to 4500...prices start from 950 - 1800 approx...

BajaBoy
08-27-2002, 02:52 PM
from what i understand.. :( their price range is from 900-1800... alot of diff modles.. i talked it ovr with me teams.. (15 people n all) were all gunna split a 1100 one. yea its alot but if u think of what u save from it (15 people 1+ nitro tanks each) thats alot and we wont have to worrie about running out of air.

for anyone that wants to look into a personal one then take a look at nitro duck there a bit cheaper

also..

Apoc or
geddon?

warpfeedmod
08-27-2002, 04:17 PM
you do realize this is not a personal filling pump right? It's only a booster to allow you to fill up to 4500 with a normal 3000 scuba tank (the big big ones that the fields have).

Since most of those tanks are only filled to 3000 and can't get 4500 most fields/stores use a "booster" to up it. If you have those big scuba tanks then I would say this is great :p

rudy
08-27-2002, 04:44 PM
yeah thats just a booster and they are expensive for the price you might as well just live with a scuba tank and steadily declining pressure as you use it. How ever some time ago a field owner said he saw and actually bike pump style compressor that you could fill with he said it took alot of time to fill a tank though. I thought abotu making a booster that would be really cheap maybe 100 - 200$ but it just didnt seem like it would sell when every one on the forums would talk about how you dont need this or that cause they are all tourney players who fill inbetween every game with free air anyway.

At my dive shop they are trying to get some newer scuba tanks that go to 4500 psi they should be nice if the price isnt too steep. and too heavy like the old steel ones

billmi
08-28-2002, 11:46 AM
A scuba tank is not an adequate supply to drive a Genesis booster pump.

Remember there's no such thing as a free lunch. The Genesis is a gas powered booster pump. It takes gas around 2000-3000 psi and boosts it to 4500 psi. But to do that, it needs a gas supply to drive it, and that gas gets dumped out into the atmosphere when it's done. It takes a *lot* more volume of gas (i.e. MANY SCUBA tanks) to drive it to do several fills.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills