PDA

View Full Version : LOOK at this, gave me goosebumps!!

Mango
08-27-2002, 02:17 PM
I was driving down Rt. 73 in Waterford, South Jersey (for fellow jersey people) and almost drove off the road when I saw this. The artist from a local Tatoo shop petitioned the town to do it. He used to do Tag Art in NYC before moveing down here. He used regular paint and spray paint. It was done on the walls of an abandoned lumber yard. My buddy is tight with a bunch of Waterford police thats where I got my information from. But still, its amazingly patriotic! It has been up for months now, I only just discovered it.

One wall.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/Liberty.jpg

Second wall.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/WeWillDefend.jpg

What you see driving by. It's HUGE.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/LibertyDefend.jpg

Havoc_online
08-27-2002, 02:20 PM
wow, that's sweet.....

Artic Flame
08-27-2002, 02:29 PM
thats is pure talent right there, great picture

shartley
08-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Yes.. that is very nice.

spacemanspiff
08-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Dude that is awsome.

mag-nanamus
08-27-2002, 06:27 PM
I like that he put a cross on the back of her hand. OOPS! Did someone say one nation under God?

FrAuStY
08-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
LOOK at this, gave me goosebumps!!

You know what I said when the Terror's of 9-11 happened... they can take our breath, maybe even our lives, but they'll never take our spirit. That spirit is what makes you get the goosebumps from things like this. Most people never feel that (Patriotic) but lately that spirit has been surfacing all over the country.

The guy who airbrushed my paintball gun, spent about 3 weeks on a custom job on a CJ-4 jeep, let me tell you.. the goose bumps ran from my neck to my feet. He had 8 different murals all over the body of this jeep. At the left rear there was a squadron of life-like f-15's and f-16's flying to aid in air support over the twin towers, which were right behind the passenger door. The towers were crumbling and flames, and smoke were billowing out of the top, but the part that got me was a white ghastly looking emination coming out of the smoke raising to the heavens, this was the spirits of those lost on that tragic day.

The next, starting about the fron of the passenger door goin to the front fender was hundreds of people crying from the New Jersey side of the river watching as nothing could be done. From there it goes into a faded american flag that works its way around the front of the jeep and turns into a bald eagle, which is shedding a tear. in the refraction of that tear you can see the burning buildings (only 1 inch high).

It goes on to have a firefighters gear on the ground with the hat and boots turned backwards, symbolizing the lost firefighters who died attempting to save the lives of their fellow americans. There's two other main pictures on the vehicle that weren't quite finished when I was up there, one of which was the Iwo Jima reminiscent image of the firefighters raising the Starts and stripes on the Rubble from the trade centers.

The whole time I was looking at these life-like pictures..I couldn't help but weep. The american spirit that flows through my blood had surfaced. I'm not embarassed or ashamed...I'm proud. I love my country and countrymen, and everytime I think about images depicting patriotism I can't help but get the lump in my throat and goosebumps on my neck and arms. I hope I'm not the only one :confused:

I will post some pictures as soon as I can of the jeep but the pics posted above are very good! I think we should have an official patriotic image thread! Anyway thanks for sharing them. :)

Gitaroo Man
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
wow, thats a sweet yah.....thing

Havoc_online
08-27-2002, 07:51 PM
That's cool FrAuStY, I really want to see the pic of the jeep.

Mango
08-28-2002, 08:04 AM
same here...

ShooterJM
08-28-2002, 08:24 AM
Great mural! I'd also be interested in that jeep picture!