PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Benchmark Flatline Cradle.

fbody93
08-27-2002, 06:56 PM
I am going to upgrade my flatline cradle to something besides the AGD cradle. I was leaning towards the Benchmark Cradle. What does everyone think that uses a benchmark on their flatline? Any other recommendations?

My gripes about the AGD cradle are the usual: b*tch to put on and take off, and it wiggles around quite a bit. Its also a little too far forward for my tastes.

GregM

angelKiller16
08-27-2002, 07:20 PM
i don't think that you will get a cradle that is much less foward then the AGD, but i agrea the AGD drop foward does suck, it wiggles, looks ugly, and is hard to put together. I would recomend to the shocktech mini, i like a bigger drop and am going to switch to the shocktech full size but it is all preference when it comes to size. The schocktech's are very stylish and come in 3 sizes

BlackVCG
08-28-2002, 01:41 AM
The Benchmark Flatline sleeve is great for 3K Flatlines, but doesn't look good on 4.5K Flatlines becaus they have the milled front end of the reg.

To properly install the AGD cradle, use a mini C-Clamp to pinch the stainless clamp and then insert your screw and hand tighten the nut. Take off the C-Clamp and insert the other screw and nut. Then use your allen wrench and a small cresent wrench and fully tighten the screws. It won't wiggle at all.

jeffremiller
08-28-2002, 08:13 AM
I use a benchmark sleeve on my 68/4500... It took some slight modifications to get it to fit the way I wanted. I know you can actually buy one but I modified an existing sleeve I had.

Works fine...

J_