PDA

View Full Version : Warps... Why Do We Need Them

BTAutoMag
08-27-2002, 11:14 PM
or even an electric loader. ive been thinking about it and all a loader is there for is to feed fast enough to prevent you from overshooting and chopping.

ive been testing my level 10 and after about 500 rnds through my warp/ ricochet combo i took them both off and stuck an old tippmann hopper on it and hammered through 500 more rnds with equal success. all a loader is, is a big level 10... it trys to feed faster then your finger so you dont chop. with the lvl 10 you dont need to feed faster then the hopper. plus, think of all the money youll save on batteries:D

Vampire
08-27-2002, 11:25 PM
We need warp to get that hopper off that gun.

It's that simple.

BTAutoMag
08-27-2002, 11:31 PM
thats only if you have a problem with being hit... isnt it.

PS i love my warp:D

Vampire
08-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Lower profile = lesser hits. It has it's effects on averages, i do believe. Anyway, if you are not being hit at all, you're the best pro player there is. :)

BTAutoMag
08-27-2002, 11:41 PM
lol
youre new here and you must not know me. i'm the problem child of the site. i like to argue and there is almost nothing you can say to get me on the side of warps in this fun argument (even though i love them, but for the purpose of this thread...) the lvl 10 was the best upgrade i ever got for The Beast and im jsut stressing that fact.

anyways back to argueing

so youre willing to put 175$ forward to stop hopper hits?:D

RoadDawg
08-27-2002, 11:46 PM
I only paid $65 :p

RTrampage
08-27-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
or even an electric loader. ive been thinking about it and all a loader is there for is to feed fast enough to prevent you from overshooting and chopping.

BTAutoMag
08-27-2002, 11:58 PM
well i got mine free, brand new BUT THATS NOT THE POINT!

RTrampage
08-27-2002, 11:59 PM
lol oops, anyways what i wanted to say about the quote above is that i think you are saying that we dont need to feed that fast becuase we wont chop so whats the point.
Well, sure we could use a regular hopper and lvl 10 and not chop but we would only be able to shoot about 6-7 balls a second or something like that.
I dunno about you but i would much rather have something that feeds the gun lots of paint so that i can shoot 12-13 a second. I dont think the electronic loaders are so much a non chopping thing as a lets see how much effective paint we can get in the air thing.

im not even sure if thats the point you were argueing here but that was just my thoughts on it

Arturus
08-28-2002, 12:00 AM

Nope.

I paid a lot less. If you paid $175 for your warp... no comment.

:)

BTAutoMag
08-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Arturus

Nope.

I paid a lot less. If you paid $175 for your warp... no comment.

:)

read above

DiRTyBuNNy
08-28-2002, 12:19 AM
well..considering the fact that the warp has some serious left-side (right-handed player) bias and has to be really set up screwy for lefties (with the warp on the right side of the gun) I can't use one..so...I don't know what to say...

BTAutoMag
08-28-2002, 12:26 AM
thats why my dealer doesnt use one... he also says they feed to slow and they jam.

Jack Napier
08-28-2002, 12:50 AM
With a reg VL my balls will stop feeding and I have to shake my gun. Which means seconds are wasted. Thats not an option.

Arturus
08-28-2002, 02:45 AM

read above

Oops, totally missed it. My apologies. :)

Still, point remains. Big difference between $95-$115 and qouted $175.

Havoc_online
08-28-2002, 03:17 AM
thats why my dealer doesnt use one... he also says they feed to slow and they jam. You just proved that your dealer doesnt know what he's doing.:) If he did, he would be trying to sell warps.:)

Shirow
08-28-2002, 08:37 AM
#1. You can tilt your gun

#2. You don't get hit in the hopper anymore

#3. You can tilt your gun

#4. You don't get hit in the hopper anymore

#5. You can tilt your gun

#6. You can tilt your gun

Kevmag
08-28-2002, 09:56 AM
A few weeks ago, I met a guy playing with a Vert Feed RT Pro with std VL200 (no motor) hopper. He did not have level 10. While I did notice him using his squeege a couple of times during the day, the gun seemed to work fine. While I never saw him shoot a long string (I was too busy playing), he never complained about any problems.

TheTramp
08-28-2002, 10:02 AM

Absolutly! Plus mine was only around $100.

If you are playing tight then the only place you're really going to get hit is the hopper, goggles, and hand.

Evil Bob
08-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Pros:

1) Increased field of view: Removing that big bloated hopper from my field of view greatly increased my situation awareness. I don't have to lean my marker to see past the loader nor do I have any blind spots, I can see everything completely uninterrupted and immediately respond when their front runner is making a break for the snake or going to bunker one of my teammates.

2) Smaller exposed target area: The warp lowers my overall exposure to the bad dudes by 6". In the world of paintball where accuracy is usually achieved through volume, 6" is the difference between staying in the game and taking the long walk of shame.

3) It keeps my emag fed: Before Level 10, the only way to feed my emag reliably was using a warp and halo, I could easily outshoot any other combination. When I take my warp off and put the halo on top, I hear level 10 kicking in. When level 10 kicks in, that means that a ball is not going down the barrel and being fired when I pull the trigger. In tourny play, if I cannot make the most of each trigger pull, then I'm missing out on opportunities to remove a bad dude from the game and help my team. If this happens too frequently, then there is something wrong with my hardware, I need to find something more reliable that will allow me to play at my fullest potential. With my warp attached, I never hear lvl 10 kick in, ever, simple because the warp keeps the emag happily fed.

Cons:

1) Added weight and bulk: It's not light, and it isn't very compact, it takes some getting used to before you're really comfy with it.

----

For me, the above Pros easily outweigh the Cons, after playing with the warp, I can never go back.

-Evil Bob

magman007
08-28-2002, 12:38 PM
hmm, now see, i always used my motorized hopper to prevent jams, thats why i origionally purchased my old 9vt revvy

pito189
08-28-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
well..considering the fact that the warp has some serious left-side (right-handed player) bias and has to be really set up screwy for lefties (with the warp on the right side of the gun) I can't use one..so...I don't know what to say...

It doesn't have to be set up screwy at all Dirty. With the new warp plate I can put the warp almost parallel with the gun. The only thing right now keeping me from getting it closer is my macroline elbow. I use a ricochet right now and the setup so tight its ridicolous.

Anyways, the main pluses for the warp in my opinion or that I can tilt that gun, and shoot at unimaginable angles. I could never even do a 45 degree angle with a revvy and expect consistent feeding. You can do it with a HALO, that is one of the reasons I bought them.

Now with the warp. I can shoot and 90 degree angles like its my job. I have shot with the gun completely upside down trying to work those holes in the bunkers.

I would have to agree with you one thing about the warp. It is definately made for the righty. I would like to see an option where I could purchase some shells to put the black on the inside like rightys have.

Well my vote is for the warp.:D

pito189
08-28-2002, 12:45 PM
One more....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Note macroline elbow right up against the front of the warp. I could have the thing really close, but the elbow is in the way.

Oh ya and dirty when will have everyone payed for the NW disconnects? I really am chomping at the bit to get mine setup.

EDIT AGAIN: DIRTY I GOT THE DISCONNECT ABOUT 10 MINUTES AGO. I GUESS EVERYONE HAS PAID.

hitech
08-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Even if you do not shoot fast (I don't) and you don't get hopper hits (I didn't either) you can still GREATLY benefit from a warp. Most likely the reason you don't get hit in the hopper is because you duck behind cover when the shots are getting too close. With a warp, the shots have to get even closer! You can shoot longer, making it more likely that you will eliminate your opponent before he eliminates you. And that is the best possible outcome, isn't it? :D