PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a warp

spazzed
08-28-2002, 01:22 AM
It's easy to set up a warp, is it not?

What about cutting the tube? Will scissors do the job, or do I have to have a razor?

Havoc_online
08-28-2002, 03:23 AM
C'mon it's fun, it gives you something to do on your set-up AND the warp with a tank makes a pretty nice gun stand.:) As far as tubing, The sharper razor you use the better as to not crease or mishape it.

SirOssis
08-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Warps are very easy to set up. It can be a bit tricky when setting it up for intellifeed, though if you're comfortable working with wires then its pretty easy. For cutting the tube use an exactoknife so you don't kink the plastic

wyn1370
08-28-2002, 08:31 AM
I use my pocket knife to cut warp tube. Scissors would misshape it, but a relatively sharp knife or razor blade would work fine.

hitech
08-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
It's easy to set up a warp, is it not?

What about cutting the tube? Will scissors do the job, or do I have to have a razor?

Yes, it is easy. Most everyone recommends that you use a cheap 9 volt battery for performing the break in and let it run until it "dies" instead of the time specified in the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions and you will be fine. BTW, you will possibly need longer bolts to attach both your drop forward and the warp adapter plate.

Dayspring
08-28-2002, 01:10 PM
Cheap batteries didn't do so hot in the warp. (Only ran for about 2 minutes and then died.) You may have to bite the bullet and use a quality battery.

Gambit1106
08-28-2002, 01:13 PM
http://www.batterysupply.com/9v-nimh-batteries-chargers.htm

Try these for the warp. They are in my opinion the best way you can go. Figure 9 bux for a rechargable battery is better that constantly paying for new ones each time you play.

Darren

spazzed
08-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Went to radio shack & got some NiMH batteries & a charger.... These babies better do the trick! :-)