PDA

View Full Version : Changing E-Mag Trigger Pivot Point

HyperSnyper
08-28-2002, 07:55 AM
I know this may sound like hype blowback from release of the Angel IR3. But it isnt.

I know the Angel IR3 has adjustable pivot points for the trigger. This can really be tailored to the users preference. Theres talk that using the rear most pivot point will increase rate of fire. I , personally, believe will work for me as it will make a more compact grip as the fingers will not have to be as stretched out in an elongated trigger position. The trigger pull will be more ergonomic and will allow for a more downward pull since there is a geometric change as compared to far forward trigger pivots.

I was wondering if this could be done on the E-Mag? I looked at my frame and it looks like theres room for a potential drill hole and newly relocated pivot point. The only thing I can thing of that may suffer problems may be the need to shorten the sear rod length as the trigger will be pulled more back. There may be binding between the trigger and selector switch as well, but can be correct with simple machining.

The mechanical trigger pull will be affected, better or worse, doesnt matter as I always use pure e-mode.

I want as much info on this as possible. Whether it be flames or praise. I already had to take the trigger out once and it was a complete pain in the rectum to hammer the pin back in (have a couple scratches from the center punch moving). I would like to avoid this if the task is way too far from reality.

LMK All.

-Hyper

And next E-Mag project... Heating of the trigger frame and bending it from the 45 angle to be perpendicular from the body. LOL J/K... Can we say IR3 WANNABE?

Lates.

HyperSnyper
08-28-2002, 06:17 PM
cmon.

not even any snyde remarks on this mod.

UP.

-Hyper

Ityl
08-28-2002, 09:37 PM
I haven't looked at an emag lately so I don't know how possible it would be. it'd be cool, but I think it'd really shine with a spaceframe type grip. I love that grip. Emag with a spaceframe (magnet trigger, spaceframe shape) would be the cat's meow.

Restola
08-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by HyperSnyper
not even any snyde remarks on this mod.

Do it...it's your gun.

Is that snide enough? (snide) :)