PDA

View Full Version : aargh!! not another barrel length question!!!

grim0822
08-28-2002, 11:10 AM
actually, this is a simple one. are mag barrels measured from tip to tip, or tip to breach (is that the right term? i mean where it enters the marker)?

the reason i ask is that i recently ordered a 2k2 all american w/ a 10" tip, but when i measured it, it was 12" from tip to tip.

so, what's the deal?

FeelTheRT
08-28-2002, 01:00 PM
nope, your supposed to measure the whole barrel length. I guess they screwed up your order or something.

Mossman
08-28-2002, 01:21 PM
I know that my mag with 12" freak is actually closer to 13.5 inches. Thing is, it depends on the company. Mag freak backs are a lot longer than other backs because the insert can not extend too far as to not allow the ball to be chambered. They probably make a 12" barrel, then make a mag barrel with the same effective length. So when people say I have a 12" barrel that is tip to tip, but i guess manufacturers can be liberal when describing lengths.

All SP needs is to make a 12" mag barrel that is actually 12" and someone saying he wants a refund cuz its not accurate and it is really only 10" because the back section isnt giving him accuracy....

I say...whatever. an inch or 2 doesnt matter that much. I wish my freak was an inch shorter for aesthetic purposes but performance and tightness wise its not important