PDA

View Full Version : what's the differnce betweet RT and RT pro?

boomerfoxtrot
08-28-2002, 11:55 AM
I know the old RT is a little bit heavier and they use a different seer, but other then that what is the difference?

does one work better then the other? etc...

Gunga
08-28-2002, 12:30 PM
The RT & RT Pro's valves both work the same; the internals are the same (except for some minor differences). The external dimensions are different too.

The RT is a bit more complicated in regards to how the air gets to the valve. Thus, there are more areas in which it can leak.

With the RT Pro, the air goes into the side of the valve just like the AIR/Retro/Emag valves.

With the RT, the air travels into a gas through foregrip, through a hard steel line, through the rail, and through the banjo bolt before going into the valve.

In the end, when both are working properly, they perform the same and have the reactive trigger. But, RT's are no longer produced, whereas the RT Pro is. Also, the Retro/RT Pro/Emag valves are all the same except for some minor internal differences (on/off pin length & quad oring usage in the Emag valve) and the engraving on the exterior of the valve.

boomerfoxtrot
08-28-2002, 01:07 PM
ok, but the old RT is a good gun too... but still, both of them have less room for leaks when you compare them to other guns... autocockers, impys, etc...

Gunga
08-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
ok, but the old RT is a good gun too... but still, both of them have less room for leaks when you compare them to other guns... autocockers, impys, etc...

I didn't say the RT was a bad gun. It just has a more complicated air flow path when compared to an RT Pro. :)

Now if you wanna compare the complexity of the RT's air path to Cockers and such...well, that's another story. Then it's pretty simple. :D

boomerfoxtrot
08-28-2002, 04:52 PM
so I shouldn't really worry about it...

sounds good to me.