PDA

View Full Version : building a mag

Zicker14
08-28-2002, 12:16 PM
i am pretty new to the sport of paintball, Ive owned a maverick pump, then a F4 illustrator, now im lookin towards an automag but I want to build it from scratch. I was never very technical when it came to the parts for my gun. I was wondering whate i need. here is what I know so far: powerfeed body (teflon right feed), a valve (dont know which one yet), ANS venturi bolt, vertical adapter, pmi perfect gas through grip, airgun designs intelliframe w/ blade trigger, dye stickies, tko titanium drop forward w/ all hosing, ..... what else? i have a pretty good picture of it in my head im just trying to think what else I need to make it work. I know this may sound dumb to many of you but bear with me for i am new to all of this. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!! thanks so much,
-Zack-
I want it to look something liek the attached picture.

FreshmanBob
08-28-2002, 12:22 PM
It will probaby cost you less if you just buy a black telfon automag and go from there.

If not, you need a body rail, sear assembly (unless you get a retro valve) and don't bother with the bolt. Just get a level 10 upgrade, your much better off. You also need a smart parts tear drop progressive barrel (i think thats what it is).

Good luck

Remington
08-28-2002, 12:23 PM
What do you want to know?

Zicker14
08-28-2002, 12:38 PM
tahnks, this helps muhc!

FreshmanBob
08-28-2002, 02:21 PM
wait, I'm wrong about the barrel, i don't know what barrel that is

np

spazzed
08-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Buy a gun & go from there....

angelKiller16
08-28-2002, 05:08 PM
well you don't need to buy dye stickies if you buy an intelliframe. you need to make sure you have all of the screws like for the verticle addapter. um... don't get the ans bolt, it will be a waste, just get lvl 10 instead, you will also need. And as FreshmanBob said you will need a sear, unless you buy a rt valve. also if you aren't just goin to buy a the whole gun together you might as well get aftermarket body things, like the rail and vert. addapt. and such.

joeyjoe367
08-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Just wanted to emphasize what freshmanbob said.

Don't waste your money on an ANS bolt. The stock one is better, and if you end up getting a lvl 10 kit, it gets replaced anyway.

...and if you own a mag for long enough, you'll probably end up getting the kit :)

with the prices I've been seeing in the classified forums here, it might be too much of a hassle to build it. You might as well go for a whole rig, get rid of the things on it that you don't want, and then buy what it is that you DO want. Probably wouldn't be too difficult.

as far as barrels go, I recommend CP barrels. They're pretty cheap, and a barrel is a barrel is a barrel, as long as the bore size matches your paint.

Shirow
08-28-2002, 10:24 PM
I pretty much realized today that once I'm done upgrading my mag, I'll have enough stock parts to build a new Automag Classic - there aren't all that many parts in a mag.

RetroEclipseMan
08-28-2002, 11:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing. If AGD ever comes out with extrem bodies that fit classic mags then I'll only need a valve.

Coaster
08-29-2002, 10:51 AM
yeah, i hope the supermag bodies will look cool.